Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Thumbs down OTT!

Wow! I thought I had it rough coming up playing baseball.

This is interesting to say the least.

Tim.

http://apse.dallasnews.com/contest/2...se.fifth2.html
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

Haunting

I have a 5 year old son. That story is way scary.

My son is cursed with his mother's perfectionism. How do let your kid know that it's OK to lose? I just want him to be happy. He loves sports, too...big Red Sox Fan (that's good). From Candy Land to going up the stairs to bed, everything is a race...and a two minute cry if he doesn't win.

I love my kid but there is alot more losing in life than winning. That's a hard lesson to teach.

D.
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Haunting

Quote:
Originally posted by D-Man
I have a 5 year old son. That story is way scary.

My son is cursed with his mother's perfectionism. How do let your kid know that it's OK to lose? I just want him to be happy. He loves sports, too...big Red Sox Fan (that's good). From Candy Land to going up the stairs to bed, everything is a race...and a two minute cry if he doesn't win.

I love my kid but there is alot more losing in life than winning. That's a hard lesson to teach.

D.
My son made everything a race when he was younger, too. He'd change the rules when he saw he wasn't going to win by the current rules. I had a hard time making him understand that he can't just change the rules, and he didn't have to be first ALL the time.

I don't know that I have words of wisdom on how to teach your kid to accept a loss. But look on the bright side, he's training himself to be a success in whatever he does. You can't teach that either!!!

Don't worry about the Sox thing. He's too young to know any better!!!
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Sheese,

And the hits just keep on coming.

This site is sure starting to resemble another one . . .

~SIGH~

Tee
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 11:15pm

Unhappy

Yeah Tee, why don't you start another one of those freakin' "what if" threads, so we can have at least something to discuss? I know, how about a nine year old exam question?....OH BOY!!!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
Yeah Tee, why don't you start another one of those freakin' "what if" threads, so we can have at least something to discuss? I know, how about a nine year old exam question?....OH BOY!!!
Steve, PLEASE don't post another exam question. I don't think all of the if's, and's, and but's bave been thoroughly covered on the last one!!!
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Sheese,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
And the hits just keep on coming.

This site is sure starting to resemble another one . . .

~SIGH~

Tee
It's simple to understand, Tee. We have a "town cryer".

For amusement, I visited some of the other "sites" this afternoon. (Yeah, I know, I'm gonna need another shower) There is a poster using an anonymous "handle", of course, who has taken it upon himself (herself?) to post items from one site on all the other sites and to post "warm and fuzzies" from some warm and fuzzy factory, on all the sites.

It might interest you to know that he/she posts copies of your posts made here on Sleazteamz and McGripes. Then, debates begin without you being present to represent reality. One poster on Sleazteamz has even offered to check your facts.

Amazing.
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
For the record Mr. Benham, my name is Tim. I sign all my posts with at least my first name. I make my e-mail address available on this site to any who wish to use it. If they use it, my reply will show my last name as well. I'm not hiding behind a "handle" as you like to put it.

Also, I never copied Tee's post and put it on the eteamz board. You are being deceitful when you say I did. I did start a thread letting others know what Tee had reported to this board. Many of them don't post here because they don't want to hear all the grief some of you give them. I attributed everything in the thread to Tee because I've always found Tee to tell it like it is. They deserved to know that there is a possibility that traditional mask accesories are being phased out. There are many umpires, players, and coaches on that particular board who I consider to be friends.

I've posted a link to an article about a son killing his father for being pushed to far. This article should be a point of interest to some of us. We deal with these parents and players all season long. It's not like I posted a link about how best to change your oil. This was an article about baseball. I also posted a link to an article on the ABUA web site regarding a physically challenged player rising above his limitations and accomplishing what seemed impossible. This was a story of inspiration, and as the holiday season is fast approaching, I thought it might be a good read for some at this time.
If this is what you consider to be a "town cryer", then by all means, you can consider me one.

The post you're referring to on McGriffs was made at least three months ago. It was an e-mail sent to me by Tee on verbal obstruction. I asked him if I could post it before I did. He didn't have a problem with it, why should you?

The bottom line is, all your comments about what should and what should not be posted is nothing less than censorship of the worst order. No one is forcing you to make all the snippy comments in these threads.

Like it or not, I'm here for the party until one of the moderators throws me out.

Timothy Haag.
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigUmp56
For the record Mr. Benham, my name is Tim. I sign all my posts with at least my first name. I make my e-mail address available on this site to any who wish to use it. If they use it, my reply will show my last name as well. I'm not hiding behind a "handle" as you like to put it.

Don't believe I ever said you were. Do you always get excited about non-existing issues?

The post you're referring to on McGriffs was made at least three months ago. It was an e-mail sent to me by Tee on verbal obstruction. I asked him if I could post it before I did. He didn't have a problem with it, why should you?

Wrong. The post I was referring to was posted 11/23/05, but I can understand how you could get confused as to which post.

The bottom line is, all your comments about what should and what should not be posted is nothing less than censorship of the worst order. No one is forcing you to make all the snippy comments in these threads.

What comments? Didn't I suggest that SDS should post whatever he wanted? Didn't I suggest that this is a free board for anyone to post anything? Do you hallucinate when you read?

I wrote an explanation of the history of this site and how it has changed. I did not suggest that you or any other little league umpire should not post anything you want.

Like it or not, I'm here for the party until one of the moderators throws me out.

That's obvious. I don't think I questioned it. You're here and there and there and, well, there. You seem to have assumed the position of program director. Talk about directing posts....are you the Tim(period) at what's left of McGripes?

Timothy Haag.

Any relation to Alexander "I'm in charge here" Haag?
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Having a bad week, Garth?
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 11:37pm

Garth,

Not to split hairs, or hares, but it's Alexander Haig.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
Garth,

Not to split hairs, or hares, but it's Alexander Haig.
You are correct, sir. I was blinded by the similarities in attitude. I apologize to the former Secretary of State.