The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 12:40am
Official Forum Member

The south side hit men FINALLY get the respect they deserve!!!!
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

sorry, but no

no more respect will come from me as a result of this, so the respect total is still at -1
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 03:25am
Official Forum Member

There will still be more fans at Wrigley on any given game day.

All at once: Wait until next year!

Congratulations to Ozzie and gang, not many of us thought you could do it.
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

The fact that fans keep showing up at Wrigley is exactly why they'll keep losing....why spend more money on better talent when the fans keep coming anyway.

I'm anxious to see what happens when they eventually have to tear down Wrigley....will the fans show up then?
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spots101
The south side hit men FINALLY get the respect they deserve!!!!
As a Boston Fan, let me offer my congradulations! We waited 86 years, you waited 88. Now enjoy the high because next season comes quickly!
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spots101
The fact that fans keep showing up at Wrigley is exactly why they'll keep losing....why spend more money on better talent when the fans keep coming anyway.

I'm anxious to see what happens when they eventually have to tear down Wrigley....will the fans show up then?
Oh so typical Sox Fan. More worried about what the Cubs do then their own team. Instead of enjoying the great season that they had they're still envious and jealous of the national and local following that the Cubs have. As long as Wrigley Field is in existence it will always be a Cubs town.

Remember MLB is not in the Sports Business they're in the Entertaiment Business. Do you think Reinsdorf gives a rats a** as to why you go to The Cell. He could care less if you went there expecting a "rugby game" instead of a baseball game as long as you bought your ticket.

Second game of the 2006 season who will have the higher paid attendance the Cubs or the Sox? Cubs of course and that's what drives Sox Fans crazy.
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 03:18pm

Memo to Cub fan:

1984. Scoreboard.

Way to go Go-Go Sox! My favorite AL team since forever!

Signed, Cub-Buster.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
Memo to Cub fan:

1984. Scoreboard.

Signed, Cub-Buster.
Hmmmm, What did you guys finish 2 games over .500? To win a division with that record is embarassing. Bring up something from 1984? That's pathetic. Memory serves me correct didn't Detroit sweep?
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 04:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307
Quote:
Memo to Cub fan:

1984. Scoreboard.

Signed, Cub-Buster.
Hmmmm, What did you guys finish 2 games over .500? To win a division with that record is embarassing. Bring up something from 1984? That's pathetic. Memory serves me correct didn't Detroit sweep?
Actually Detroit won in 5 games.

Peace
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry Cub fans...We're not the second team in the second city any more!!!!!!!

Actually, it's been a long time since you've been the "second city".
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

Yo Gordo,

I'll tell you what's pathetic.....still hearing how Bartman ruined it for you and he wasn't the only one going for the ball. Even the Astro fans got out of the way of Uribe

Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, okay...I'm a Cubs fan. I don't blame Bartman when Prior and Wood (two of the most dominant pitchers that season) couldn't get the job done. I don't think it's a curse or worse. The Tribune company is content to place a playoff contending team on the field every five years. Wrigley sells out because it is a fantastic place to see a ballgame and doubles as a terrific beer garden. The surrounding neighborhood is fun, safe and offers a variety of entertainment. The lovable, laughable Cubbies are adored by the legions. The Cubs convention is living proof that once you wear that uniform, you are immortalized. (For godsakes, Henry Blanco signs autographs!)

Nearly one hundred years of sarcasm, scorn and mockery have been heaped on those of us who bleed Cubbie blue. We do not have a World Series ring and probably won't have one in the next decade. But one thing is true, the Cubs still own Chicago. The South Side deserves their revelry, but next year, US Cellular will be sold out when the Cubs come to play and when the rings are handed out. Otherwise, those tickets are like easier to score than Paris Hilton.

I remember 1984 and the grief I felt when they took the pipe from a team that dressed like they were selling fried chicken. Dwelling on that Padres squad is almost as pathetic as my friends who worship the 1985 Bears. At least the Bears won it all.

The White Sox are rightfully celebrating. Cub fans will claim that they could have won if they had four outs in the playoffs. I say, a great season is done and I'm ready for the next one to begin soon. Baseball is still a fantastic game - umpires don't win or lose and we've got great seats for the action.

Wait until next year...decade...century!
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 06:58pm

somebody has sour grapes!

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon30307
Quote:
Memo to Cub fan:

1984. Scoreboard.

Signed, Cub-Buster.
Gordon,

Well, wasn't that the last time you losers were in the NLCS? Who cares that the Padres suck in the World Series, each time they have been there (you see, they have been there, at least!). It doesn't bother Padres fans. Do you know why? Because we just smile and think of Cubs fans. Takes all the pain away.

BTW, did you want the Padres to say "no thanks, we're too embarrassed by our regular season record to accept the Division Championship, and go to the post-season. We'll just pass if you don't mind." That is truly pathetic on your part to think that the season record matters, if you win your division, and advance to the playoffs.

If that's the best you have....well, try harder.
Old Thu Oct 27, 2005, 07:08pm

Hey WhatWuz,

I was there in the outfield bleachers when Garvey won Game 4, so if I want to refer back to these wonderful memories, I will. The sweetest sound was Jerry Coleman's "Ground ball to Nettles, to Wiggins, and the Padres have the National League Pennant! Oh, Doctor!" Some memories last forever, as Geddy Lee would say.
Old Fri Oct 28, 2005, 02:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
US Cellular will be sold out when the Cubs come to play and when the rings are handed out.
exactly.

the only times ive been to us cellular were for dollar hot dog nights, on nights that the other team is respectable. i see no other reason to go.