The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 11:04am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lyle
Perhaps not here, I don't know, but over at McGripes you brag endlessly about your accomplishments. You've been caught by your Chicago cohorts embellishing your resume on more than one occasion.
Wrong again Bob. I have told people what I actually did when trolls (which you are) have tried to convince people that I never worked the playoffs or do not belong to an association. Most individuals over here are trying to learn something and talk about plays and situations. Over on McGriffs people try personally attack people at every turn. If I embellished anything I find it funny that no one puts their name behind their words when saying I embellished. Here alone there are many Chicago officials that post here. Funny none of them say the things they do at McGriffs. I guess the fact that you mentioned McGriffs just tells everyone what you are all about.

Peace
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

Wrong again Bob. I have told people what I actually did when trolls (which you are) ...

Peace
Is this the same way that I was wrong when I proved that you were exaggerating when you said that "almost no one" uses their name here. At least 20 names were then listed by me or others. 50 more could have been listed if we wanted to take the time. Considering that we probably have only about 100 posters here who post on at least a weekly basis [see note], that's not "almost no one."

But that's "almost no one" to you. Do you use the same sort of imprecise measurements when you list your accomplishements?

New Question: Since I have a name and a long history here, is your definition of a troll a person who does not agree with you?

[note] I only read the baseball, basketball, and football boards. There could be more on the other forums. The truly anonymous posters are usually the infrequent visitors.
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 12:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

Is this the same way that I was wrong when I proved that you were exaggerating when you said that "almost no one" uses their name here. At least 20 names were then listed by me or others. 50 more could have been listed if we wanted to take the time. Considering that we probably have only about 100 posters here who post on at least a weekly basis [see note], that's not "almost no one."
Fifty? There are hundreds of officials that post here. Fifty is a small percentage of those numbers. You did not list 50, you listed only around 20. If this is a major issue for you, I then you once again prove my point and the kind of life you have. Even the people that have approached me and told me who they were, I would have never known who they were if they did not decide to reveal themselves to me and others that live in my state. And in baseball I have only worked with two guys on this site. So once again Bob, what is your point?

Quote:
But that's "almost no one" to you. Do you use the same sort of imprecise measurements when you list your accomplishements?
Which is it Bob, 20 or 50? And even part of the 20 you listed did not use their real names in their post. They used monikers and have decided to tell people who they are. Then you spread it out over 3 different boards. I would suspect that the basketball, baseball and football board in their respective seasons have at least 200 people that have almost 100 posts or more. So if all you could find was 20 guys (actually 17 in your other post) over three boards, then that sounds pretty minimal to me. I have met people at camps and at officiating functions that told me they were so and so, but no one else knows who they are.

Quote:
New Question: Since I have a name and a long history here, is your definition of a troll a person who does not agree with you?

[note] I only read the baseball, basketball, and football boards. There could be more on the other forums. The truly anonymous posters are usually the infrequent visitors.
Bob, who are you? How do I or anyone know that this is your name or has worked with you? I know I do not read every single post on either forum, but I sure have never read anything where you said what state you were from or specifically stated which association you belong to.

Bob, you sound like a 10 year old that wants to argue that Superman could kick the Incredible Hulk's ***. This conversation on your part is so juvenile, I wonder if you have ever officiated anything outside of kiddy ball. My comments were to challenge the fact that someone felt that this place would turn into a LL discussion board, only because the person does not like the comments of certain people. So if this is a big issue for you whether what I said fits your criteria of "almost no one," then you win. Almost no one means just that, almost no one. We are on the baseball board, so less than 10 individuals reveal their true names in their monikers or tell all of us who they really are. BTW, just telling us your name does not qualify either. I can always hide behind a name. It is another to have contact information and I respond to that information. As I said Bob, I am easy to find. Where is your email or officiating information located?

Peace
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Bob:

I have found, over the 60 years of my life, that people's communications skills usually reflects their thinking skills. Anyone who communicates as jumbled and incoherently as Mr. Rutledge, is not thinking straight and perhaps is even incapable of doing so.

You won this debate on point and facts before it started. However, you can never win it with your opponent, no matter how long it continues. His experience in ignoring facts, shifting topics, not remembering or being accountable for what he has said in the past, and shading the truth far outweighs yours.

Surrender. Resistance is futile.
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 01:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink SURPRISE!!!!

Wow, another troll speaks.

Peace
Closed Thread