The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 03:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

WOW, Seventeen people? Man that is a lot of people.

No, I stand by my statement. That is a very small percentage of people that post with their real names.

Most of these people are also not baseball umpires and do not post on the baseball board.

Bob, if you want to pick a fight you know where to find me.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Re: WOW, Seventeen people? Man that is a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
No, I stand by my statement. That is a very small percentage of people that post with their real names.

Most of these people are also not baseball umpires and do not post on the baseball board.

Bob, if you want to pick a fight you know where to find me.

Peace
Most of those posters do not post on the baseball board, you say? How about:

Garth Benham
T. Alan
Peter Osborne
Carl Childress
Bob Jenkins
Mick the Moderator
Chad Hickey
Sal Giaco...
Rich Ives
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
J.Rutledge is Jeff Rutledge

That's 11 out of 17 who post on the baseball board. The last time I checked, 11 is most of 17. It looks like you made another exaggeration, dear Jeff. And I noticed that you changed your story ever so slightly. Originaly you wrote:

"Almost no one uses their real name."

That implied that we could not identify the real name or location of those who use a moniker. As I'm sure you know, many of those who use a moniker have at one time or another identified themselves and the place where they work.

I only mentioned 17. There are many more. Pete Booth, Al Roper, Dave Hensley... I could go on and on. You're way out here on a limb here, Jeff. Care to dig your hole any deeper?

[Edited by Bob Lyle on Sep 15th, 2005 at 06:01 PM]
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 04:45pm
Official Forum Member

I'm not one. It's not a secret either. My league's URL is in my profile.

[Edited by Rich Ives on Sep 15th, 2005 at 05:48 PM]
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 04:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

OK Bob, where do all these people live? What levels can we confirm all these people worked? Can you name the associations all these people belong to? Can you tell us what town these people live?

It is one thing to list a name or a moniker. It is quite another to truly "know" who someone is. Anyone here can make a claim, how many of us know these people enough to know they are telling the truth?

Then again Bob, you have never said anything about yourself. You just come here to discredit me all the time. I wonder if your wife thinks about another man as much as you think about me.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Angry Low Blows

Quote:

..., I wonder if your wife thinks about another man as much as you think about me.

Peace
Rut, I don't know the complete history here between the two of you, but that part of your last post (which I quoted above) was way over the line. You may not like Bob, hell you might even hate him for all I know (or care), but bringing anyone's marital partner into this is pure BS, and really shows your a$$.
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 08:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

You are right, you do not know the history.

Quote:
Originally posted by bbump82

Rut, I don't know the complete history here between the two of you, but that part of your last post (which I quoted above) was way over the line. You may not like Bob, hell you might even hate him for all I know (or care), but bringing anyone's marital partner into this is pure BS, and really shows your a$$.
You will get over it.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
OK Bob, where do all these people live? What levels can we confirm all these people worked? Can you name the associations all these people belong to? Can you tell us what town these people live?
It is one thing to list a name or a moniker. It is quite another to truly "know" who someone is. Anyone here can make a claim, how many of us know these people enough to know they are telling the truth?
OK - Let's all list our info so we can prove our identity to Mr. "Rut"....

Sal Giacomantonio ("Giaco")
49334 Flint Ct
Macomb, MI 48044

Memeber of the Collegiate Baseball Umpires Alliance (CBUA)
Work D-I Conference baseball for the MAC, Horizon & Big East (Notre Dame) and non-conference in the Big Ten. Rich Fetchiet is my Supervisor

Work Independent Pro Ball for the Northern League (Gary,IN, Joliet & Schaumburg, IL) - Randy Hoback is my Supervisor. Also work in the Frontier league - Bruce Doane, Bill Lopina & Jim Schaly are my assigners.

Any other info you might need Rut?
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 10:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal Giaco
Quote:

49334 Flint Ct
Macomb, MI 48044

Work D-I Conference baseball for the MAC, Horizon & Big East (Notre Dame) and non-conference in the Big Ten. Rich Fetchiet is my Supervisor

Work Independent Pro Ball for the Northern League (Gary,IN, Joliet & Schaumburg, IL) - Randy Hoback is my Supervisor. Also work in the Frontier league - Bruce Doane, Bill Lopina & Jim Schaly are my assigners.

What does all this prove Sal?

BTW, have never been to a Schaumburg Flyers game or a Joliet Jackhammers game to know if you are a good umpire and I will likely not be going to a game at either venue anytime soon. I only went to a Kane County Cougars game because it was for a company in 2004. I am personally not that interested in baseball to where I would go to a minor league game. At least I know more about you now than most people that come here.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It proves that I'm telling the truth as to who I am. Let's drop it because I don't think you're getting the point.

By the way, if you change your mind, let me know and I'll leave you tickets at will call You could leave your evaluation underneath the umpires room door - I'd be anxious to read your thoughts ha ha
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 10:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
It proves that I'm telling the truth as to who I am. Let's drop it because I don't think you're getting the point.
Sal,

My comments were not about you personally. My comments were about most of the people that post here or any place on the internet.

Quote:
By the way, if you change your mind, let me know and I'll leave you tickets at will call You could leave your evaluation underneath the umpires room door - I'd be anxious to read your thoughts ha ha
Are you going to pay me to attend? If you were to pay money outside of the tickets I might seriously consider it.

Seriously at that time of the year I would likely be out of town going to a basketball camp or working summer league basketball. I would be working a lot of basketball staying as far away from the baseball diamond as humanly possible. I will pass on the invitation.

Peace

Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 10:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

49334 Flint Ct
Macomb, MI 48044

BTW, have never been to a Schaumburg Flyers game or a Joliet Jackhammers game to know if you are a good umpire and I will likely not be going to a game at either venue anytime soon. I only went to a Kane County Cougars game because it was for a company in 2004. I am personally not that interested in baseball to where I would go to a minor league game. At least I know more about you now than most people that come here.

Peace
Jeff,

And just what, exactly, is the point you're trying to make?
Sal's willingness to provide us with such exact details as to his experience and the level of baseball he works, speaks volumes about the man. If you can't tell from reading just a few of his post's that he is an accomplished official, you are reading these threads with blinders on my friend.

You appear always ready in an instant to puff out your chest and tell everyone just how big your accomplishments have been in the state of Illinois. So what! It doesn't matter who you are, or what level of baseball you do, to me or anyone else that who post here. What matters is what you say when you make a post regarding baseball. Not all this personnal crap.

Everyone here could include their name, address, phone number, and the name of their first born, and you would still dispute their qualifications if they don't step in line with your opinions.

Truly a sad commentary my friend!

Sal,

I live in South Bend and I am a HUGE Notre Dame fan. If you can, please let me know when you will be coming here again. I would like very much to see you work a game or two.

Tim.
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

ill come out to schaumburg some time. its a nice little park
Old Thu Sep 15, 2005, 11:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56

Jeff,

And just what, exactly, is the point you're trying to make?
Sal's willingness to provide us with such exact details as to his experience and the level of baseball he works, speaks volumes about the man. If you can't tell from reading just a few of his post's that he is an accomplished official, you are reading these threads with blinders on my friend.
If it really mattered what people did, then why do people constantly come here are rip Major League Umpires anytime they make a mistake on this board? Do the comments by the peanut gallery diminish the accomplishments of Major League Umpires because they commented?

Quote:
You appear always ready in an instant to puff out your chest and tell everyone just how big your accomplishments have been in the state of Illinois. So what! It doesn't matter who you are, or what level of baseball you do, to me or anyone else that who post here. What matters is what you say when you make a post regarding baseball. Not all this personnal crap.
Actually I have said little to nothing about what I have done in baseball or anything in the past couple of years. When the playoffs assignments were handed out the last couple of years, I said nothing about them here. If you can find a post where I initiated such a discussion then please show it to me. I have defended myself and always will when folks want to attack me personally and say I was lying about something I actually did. I am not attacking Sal or even care what he did. There are people that will go after him and others and have never seen anyone they attack work a single game. If that makes me a bad guy to point that out, I guess I am a bad guy for telling what I see is the truth.

Quote:
Everyone here could include their name, address, phone number, and the name of their first born, and you would still dispute their qualifications if they don't step in line with your opinions.

Truly a sad commentary my friend!
The major point BigUmp56 (you name once again proves my point) is that if you are looking for credit on an internet site about your officiating, you are not going to get it. It is more important to me to get the respect of my peers and people that I work with an actually know. It is truly a sad commentary if you are seriously looking for approval by what someone says here. Most officials that I personally know (D1, minor league, Pro-Am or State Final officials) and have a great deal of respect never come here and never will. I come here because this has been a hobby since around the first year of my officiating career. The next thing you are going to tell me they are not worthy because guys like you donÂ’t approve of things they say or do on what is only a discussion board.

Peace
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 05:29am
Official Forum Member

Re: HUH

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lyle
Quote:

Almost no one uses their real name. [posting here at officiating.com]

Peace
Jeff, this is an absurd statement. One of the advantages of this site over places like McGripes, is that many if not most of the major posters can be identified by name. Even when they use a moniker, their names are known. GarthB, for instance, is Garth Benham, Tee is T.Alan Christensen. HHH is Peter Osborne. Besides the above names, let's look at a list of the "Almost No Ones" that you refered to:

Carl Childress
Bob Jenkins
Mick the Moderator
Rich Vietti
Chad Hickey
Sal Giaco...
Rich Ives
Mike Sears
Dale Smith
James Neil
Rich Fronheiser
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Chuck Elias
J.Rutledge is Jeff Rutledge

I've listed 17 "almost no ones." Care to change your statement? There are at least another 50-100 out there.

ozzy6900 = Mario Fusaro - Connecticut
Profile has been removed due to abuse from some of the "winners" on this board.

[Edited by ozzy6900 on Sep 16th, 2005 at 06:37 AM]
Old Fri Sep 16, 2005, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Actually I have said little to nothing about what I have done in baseball or anything in the past couple of years. When the playoffs assignments were handed out the last couple of years, I said nothing about them here. If you can find a post where I initiated such a discussion then please show it to me.

Peace
Perhaps not here, I don't know, but over at McGripes you brag endlessly about your accomplishments. You've been caught by your Chicago cohorts embellishing your resume on more than one occasion.
Closed Thread