The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Aug 13, 2005, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

While,

Yours may have been POTENTIALLY life threatening (and by no means do I mean to lower the value of what you did) David's was immediate "life threathening" . . . and we are glad he endured.

Al, propets to you . . . I value your involvement.

David, however, faced the Reaper and won.

T
Old Sat Aug 13, 2005, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quadruple bypass.
Old Sun Aug 14, 2005, 12:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hensley
Quadruple bypass.
Is that all?? My friend of mine that went to camp with Tim, some years ago, had 6 done. Seriously though Dave, glad you are doing good.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hensley
Quadruple bypass.
You da man!

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Just an opinion:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C

Do not buy pleated pants if you are the least bit heavy (see my column on the paid side of this site).

T
Tim, do you have a link to that article? I'd love to send it to a particular friend of mine who doesn't understand this. Thanks.
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 06:43pm
Official Forum Member

RE: plate pants

I have had great success using POS pleated plate as well as their pleated base pants. They advertise these as the "official pant of minor league baseball". I am not sure if they are or not, but they look great and have served me well. I added another pair of plate pants this year and have not been disappointed.
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

oops!

"Tim, do you have a link to that article?"

It is on the PAID side of this site. There is no URL, as you must PAY for my wisdom!
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 09:01pm
M.A.S.H.

Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:
Originally posted by bdub712
I have had great success using POS pleated plate as well as their pleated base pants. They advertise these as the "official pant of minor league baseball". I am not sure if they are or not, but they look great and have served me well. I added another pair of plate pants this year and have not been disappointed.
Every time I've tried to order these pants from +POS, they've been out of stock.
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

Re: oops!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
...you must PAY for my wisdom!
I heard it's not worth a plugged nickel.
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1

Every time I've tried to order these pants from +POS,
they've been out of stock.
Gee, what a surprise! +POS out of stock on something?!?

Having known that place for over 20 years, and having long ago ceased buying from them, I can tell you this much: +POS is pathetic. Their customer service is nonexistent, and many of their products are inferior. Of course, this is my own personal opinion.
Old Mon Aug 15, 2005, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by bdub712
Every time I've tried to order these pants from +POS, they've been out of stock.
since i see you are from illinois: if you really want +POS (to get to your door in a timely fashion) you have to go pick it up on your own. i got my bb2000, AUL mask, and the other single bar mask from them and picked all 3 items up (all from separate trips). thats pretty much the only way to avoid the painfully slow +POS shipping waits. i bought pants and shirts through the mail before (not realizing it was within driving distance, in schaumburg) and it took forever.

my business has gone to honigs since then, and will continue there in the future until they pull a +POS
Old Tue Aug 16, 2005, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: RE: plate pants

Quote:
Originally posted by briancurtin
since i see you are from illinois: if you really want +POS (to get to your door in a timely fashion) you have to go pick it up on your own.
Even that doesn't always work. I called them (this was a few years ago) and asked if they had "xxxxxxx" (I forget what I was buying) in stock. They said yes, so I told them I'd be right over.

I got the to the "store" and, after a long search, it turns out that they were out. So, they sent them / it to me a couple of weeks later. Charged me shipping. Wouldn't remove it. It would cost me to send the item(s) back, so I kept it / them.

Old Tue Aug 16, 2005, 10:15am
M.A.S.H.

I believe it'd be a little far for me to drive. I'll just order from Honig's!
Old Tue Aug 16, 2005, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

I personally (knock on wood) have NEVER had a problem of ANY sort with Honig's, and that goes back to the days when I was doing nothing but officiating year round (FB and BKB).

And, yes, some folks can wear combos, some can't. They look absolutely wonderful on some and crappy on the next guy. Get a pair, try 'em, and if they're not for you, they're not for you. OTOH...