Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
I have a hard time understanding how any organization can, at it's national tournament, just grab any ol' local with gear to umpire it's "World Series". Amazing.
As opposed to LL who scours the whole world looking for the biggest schmucks to call their world series
I have been one of LLWS biggest critics. However, to be fair, they have improved the selection of LLWS umpires over the last two years tremendously.

You have to give credit when it's due.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

My, My! Dudeinblue, you sound like a LL umpire who on the one hand wants to be a "though-guy hard a$$ MLB type umpire" and on the other hand are a wimp!

Your biggest problem is you do not have the skills needed for these situations that you write about. You seem to get yourself involved in these games that are above your ability then try to use you mouth before you think. Your comments just get you into more trouble - that's the hard a$$ side. You then become overwhelmed when a coach calls you out - that's the wimp.

Okay, for whatever reason, you've ejected a coach and he won't leave. You simply step back, call your partner and the two of you walk off the field. Say nothing to anyone, just get into your respective cars and meet each other down the road to exchange information to give to your assigner. Do not forfeit the game, do not declare a winner - just leave.

See, now I can't wait to hear the next story you come up with. I'm sure it will end with you leaving the field with the coach yelling at you in the parking lot. You will probably end the story with you crawling under your car.

Simple solution - find another hobby!
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

Dude-

I'm with diamond gal. Ease up. Take the criticism like a man. Step back and evaluate yourself and see if it's really something you need to work on. If it is, great, then do it. If not, then let it go and move on. There is no need to fire back at everything someone says negatively about you. When you fire back, you just stoop to their level and become one of them. I personally lose more respect for those that fire back at someone than the person who originally fired a statement.
It takes two to start a flamewar and no matter who starts it, you seem to be that second link more often than not. Ease up, have fun, learn to laugh at yourself or you're going to have a long life buddy.

Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

I would probably have to add a 4th P to my repertoire if a coach (especially an assistant) were to come out and point his finger at me, and lecture me at the same time. Holy cow! I've had enough of this....

But then again, I wouldn't be telling batters to swing the bat either. I just call 'em and if they are smart...
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Angry

U of I,

I don't think it's fair to expect anyone to not try and defend theselves when they are the first one that has incurred a personal assault by a member of this board.

I have seen dudeinblue called an idiot, a pu$$y, an a$$hole, and a moron amongst other things. I wonder if the individuals that initiate the name calling with him in this forum would actually speak to him, or anyone else for that matter, in the same way face to face.

I doubt it!

Where I come from those are fighting words.

Do you really think some of these guys give a post game critique using this language? If they did pull that kind of garbage in person, they would have a fight on their hands I'm sure. Some might say buck up and take it like a man.
I'd say if you turn the other cheek, expect to get hit harder!

Tim.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dudeinblue
I fire back, b/c they fire back. It's a merry go round.
just like the old days of "i kicked him because he kicked me" with my younger brothers

Quote:
Could you really withhold yourself from typing something back at someone who called you an f-ing idiot or a joke, or a pu**y?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by U_of_I_Blue
Dude-

I'm with diamond gal. Ease up. Take the criticism like a man. Step back and evaluate yourself and see if it's really something you need to work on. If it is, great, then do it. If not, then let it go and move on. There is no need to fire back at everything someone says negatively about you. When you fire back, you just stoop to their level and become one of them. I personally lose more respect for those that fire back at someone than the person who originally fired a statement.
It takes two to start a flamewar and no matter who starts it, you seem to be that second link more often than not. Ease up, have fun, learn to laugh at yourself or you're going to have a long life buddy.
Good advice. I'm definately going to try this. You've inspired me (I say this totally non-sarcastically). But if you think less of the person who fires back, then you must not think well of Tim C, and most of the others on here.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I happen to like my hobby and am very good at it according to people I work with and other coaches so kiss off homo.

Simple solution: suck my di*k!
If any administrator of this forum had a pair, they'd eject this moron now.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56
U of I,

I don't think it's fair to expect anyone to not try and defend theselves when they are the first one that has incurred a personal assault by a member of this board.

I have seen dudeinblue called an idiot, a pu$$y, an a$$hole, and a moron amongst other things. I wonder if the individuals that initiate the name calling with him in this forum would actually speak to him, or anyone else for that matter, in the same way face to face.

I doubt it!

Where I come from those are fighting words.

Do you really think some of these guys give a post game critique using this language? If they did pull that kind of garbage in person, they would have a fight on their hands I'm sure. Some might say buck up and take it like a man.
I'd say if you turn the other cheek, expect to get hit harder!

Tim.
Now that's what I'm talkin bout. You tha man BigUmp. I guarantee ya I could kick over half the people's a$$ if they said some of these things to me in person (as long as they didn't have a weapon and just their fists), as a matter of fact, I'd say 95%. These old timers would have a heart attack!
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

I happen to like my hobby and am very good at it according to people I work with and other coaches so kiss off homo.

Well well, more name calling. I wonder what you would tell somebody who told you "simple solution: get a new hobby", or told you that you would hide from a coach under a car. By the way, I'm hurt by the moron statement, OUCH!
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 10:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11

So I say to him in a calm manner, "Batter those balls are strikes buddy, you better swing the bat."

Was the batter's name really buddy?

So the guy points a finger in my face and says, "Don't you ever talk to the batter blue, you do your job. Your job isn't to talk to the batter, don't ever do that again." So I say, "Coach, you don't tell me how to do my job, now go and sit down in the dugout." He says "No, I'm not gonna do it, don't talk to the batters, do your job." I said, "Coach, I'm not gonna tell you again, go sit down, I don't wanna hear another word from you."

Well.at least you didn't tell him to sit down AND shut up.

Feel free to critique me, even if that means calling me a f-ing idiot. Thanks alot

Guess you didn't really mean that after all,huh?
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by umpduck11

So I say to him in a calm manner, "Batter those balls are strikes buddy, you better swing the bat."

Was the batter's name really buddy?

So the guy points a finger in my face and says, "Don't you ever talk to the batter blue, you do your job. Your job isn't to talk to the batter, don't ever do that again." So I say, "Coach, you don't tell me how to do my job, now go and sit down in the dugout." He says "No, I'm not gonna do it, don't talk to the batters, do your job." I said, "Coach, I'm not gonna tell you again, go sit down, I don't wanna hear another word from you."

I can tell you're trying to be a smarta$$ by your posts. The funny thing is, it's the worst smarta$$ attempt I've ever seen in my life. "Was the batter's real name buddy?" You're joking if you think people read this and actually laugh. I mean, I laughed because it is the most ridiculous criticism I've ever read.
Well.at least you didn't tell him to sit down AND shut up.

Feel free to critique me, even if that means calling me a f-ing idiot. Thanks alot

Guess you didn't really mean that after all,huh?
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
vocabulary....

Dude, here is some experience for you...

When I was a young army officer I had a extremely foul mouth. I used four letter words extensively and could weave quite the tale while doing so. After one of my more colorful displays, I was called out in front of 150 of my peers by a much higher ranking officer. His comment to me...

"those that feel the need to use four-letter words do so because they are too stupid to have developed a vocabulary. There is a time and place for cursing and it is not every other word..."

You should pay attention to those words. I did and people take me serious more often these days...

Oh, and by the way, saying you have the ability to "kick someone's a$$" is often a cover up for one of two things:
1) a man who is extremely insecure
2) a man who is too stupid to participate in educated, thoughtful debate

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

Dude,

Do you believe in yourself? That's all that matters, correct? Keep on taking the steps that contribute to your umpiring in a positive way. Learn from the negative things whenever possible. Again I strongly urge you to not get sucked in when things are hitting a nerve with you.
You are young and have many years ahead to continue growing as an umpire.

Just remember that you know the truth about yourself and your umpiring. Hang on to that.

My previous post titled "3rd to Home" raised some interesting feedback. I didn't need to defend myself in anything that was pointed out. Why? I was the one there. I know how things went. The situation went very well, but I still learned from some of what the posters were calling attention to. Actually helped me out in my next game.

Hope something here helps.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well well, more name calling. I wonder what you would tell somebody who told you "simple solution: get a new hobby", or told you that you would hide from a coach under a car. By the way, I'm hurt by the moron statement, OUCH!
You've admitted your lack of experience. You've admitted to being a liar. And now you've proven yourself to be vulgar, tasteless and probably beyond help. You are a punk. And that's not name calling, that's a verifiable fact.

You won't have to worry about reading any more posts from me addressed to you. There won't be any.

This forum has indeed dropped to the level of McGriffs. And apparently that is what the owners desire. Never has anyone stooped to the crass level you have brought us to. Congratulations.