The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 07, 2001, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

Varsity game, S1 for F1 to start third. F1 re-enters for S1 to start sixth inning. Opposing coach says he cannot re-enter as pitcher. I tell him yes, as long as they had not used their three OC before his removel, his replacement did not use more then his aloted warm ups, he was a starter and had not re-entered yet. All of the above were covered. Next inning coach comes with rule 3-1.2 note. Double header so I tell him between games I would look up in case book I show him 3.1.2B and 3.1.2C. He is still not convinced, I am standing by my rule interpitation, but am asking you to conferm it.
Old Sat Apr 07, 2001, 11:20pm
Michael Taylor

David:

You were absolutely correct. If he didn't break either restriction, which you said he didn't, then he's good to go.
The one thing is after a situation like that with a coach, look it up, which you did, then call your assignor and let him know he may get a phone call. It's always nice to let the guy that takes the irate calls know the score before he gets it. That way he gives the same answer like it's a no brainer and you look twice as good.