The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ecurebel
look i don't try to be an english major for that is not what i am attending college for.

if you would like to poke fun at somebodies mistakes look at your own umpiring and start there
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

sheeesh

ecurebel-

easy boy. Just a little fun being had. I fully expect someone to come by and give me a ribbing if I accidentally do something wrong no matter what it is. No ill intent was meant by either of us. I apologize if we came off tht way.

-Josh
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ecurebel
i catch enough sarcastic persons with wit and banter similer to this one's daily. if antagonism over ones spelling or gramatical mistakes is this person's cup of tea then i don't see why he would be offended by the remarks for it seems that darwinism has yet to take affect in CT.
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ecurebel
i catch enough sarcastic persons with wit and banter similer to this one's daily. if antagonism over ones spelling or gramatical mistakes is this person's cup of tea then i don't see why he would be offended by the remarks for it seems that darwinism has yet to take affect in CT.
Au Contraire Mr ecurebel,a little monkeying around is exactalactaly what we are most expertise at. Whether or not it is gramatically correctamungo or not.

Chill out and enjoy.

Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jicecone
Quote:
Au Contraire Mr ecurebel,a little monkeying around is exactalactaly what we are most expertise at. Whether or not it is gramatically correctamungo or not.

Chill out and enjoy.

exactalactaly? I suspect the reference to Darwin has more to do with the fact that the stupid don't survive as long as the smart, and less to do with monkeys.
Old Sat Jul 09, 2005, 01:05am
Official Forum Member

Smile Balk

One of my favorites:

Typical balk: F1 engages the rubber, comes set, and separates his hands. I'm PU and, of course, call "Balk." D Coach comes out with the standard, "what did he do?" I explain the balk. Between innings I get the ole "ya gotta minute, Blue?" Me, BU, and D Coach go to the mound where Coach is trying to say he didn't actually engage the rubber. Both my partner and I saw it the same way and during his attempt to get us to either a) change our call or b) say we were wrong, actually said this (and I swear I'm NOT making this up):

"He only 'stepped' on the rubber and he only did that to deceive the runner."

Still laughing about that one!
Old Sat Jul 09, 2005, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

I liked this one

R1 and hot shot to CF, R1 has wheels, and and rounds 2 going to 3rd, CF launches a quality throw in to the dugout. I award R1 home and BR 2nd as he was about 3/4 the way to 1st when the CF throws the ball.

Coach comes out and asks why BR is on 2 not #rd, I explain, and he says no way, he got the ball through the infield, he is "given 1st base", He got a hit so he was "given 1st base", I said, no he was given anything until the ball went out of play. The coach throws up his hands and leaves. He talk to me again after the game nicely about it, and still thinks he is right.
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

13 yr old PONY tourney

Batter squares to bunt and takes a fastball to the body....nothing odd happened, he tried to turn away from the pitch, but catches him in the body.....HBP....

Defensive coach asks for time and tells me...."the rule is when a batter squares to bunt he gives up the right to be hit by the pitch"...........

Just when you think you've heard them all........

Stan
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Re: 13 yr old PONY tourney

Quote:
Originally posted by piaa_ump
Batter squares to bunt and takes a fastball to the body....nothing odd happened, he tried to turn away from the pitch, but catches him in the body.....HBP....

Defensive coach asks for time and tells me...."the rule is when a batter squares to bunt he gives up the right to be hit by the pitch"...........

Just when you think you've heard them all........

Stan
As soon as I read that I thought of a situation I had that was just like that. Batter squares, pitch is inside, gets him on the knee. Defensive coach tells me he squared so he isn't allowed to go to first. I tell coach he pulled it back as he was getting out of the way, shut him right up (luckily).
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Luke, if you wrote stuff that good for the paid site, I would subscribe today. Excellent work!!!!
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
dunt lyt themm get ewe down, bud, weee appreshiate yore kontribootshuns to the sight and awls well
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
look i don't try to be an english major for that is not what i am attending college for.

That goes without saying. Or, at least, it could have.
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Hmmmm,

"look i don't try to be an english major for that is not what i am attending college for."

Some things are obvious to all of us.
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

I wonder ????????????????

Could it be that "Incurable" and "Drummerboy" are related ?

They seem to have the same, ahem, "style".

Butz, I koud bee rong !!!!!!!!!!

Doug
Old Tue Jul 12, 2005, 12:48am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up cold cornfusion

Quite entertaining...

I'm also thinking that "ecurebel" might be something like ECU Rebel - East Carolina University?

It's not as much fun as the spelling thing.