The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

My association has, up to this point, mandated the navy blue shirt, but has decided to go with the powder blue with navy and white trim for tournaments this summer.

I know this was discussed at length in the past, but I paid no attention to the discussion as it did not pertain to me. The quesion is, what color Under Armour is appropriate with the powder blue?
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Most I know go with navy, but you could go red for a patriotic look.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to milkmandog Send a message via Yahoo to milkmandog
We mandate red for navy,powder w/redandblue, navy for red shirt and powder blue with navy, black for cream or powder blue w/black, and either white or black for black
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Seems Pretty Straight Forward To Me....

You Can't Go Wrong If You Wear One Of The Colors That The Shirt Is Trimmed With Underneath...

As milkmandog stated above, for example...
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue37
The quesion is, what color Under Armour is appropriate with the powder blue?
If you are one of those Texas guys who wears the long sleeve Under Armour, you should go with the navy. Red would look fine for short sleeve, but not all the way down to your hands.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue37
The quesion is, what color Under Armour is appropriate with the powder blue?
If you are one of those Texas guys who wears the long sleeve Under Armour, you should go with the navy. Red would look fine for short sleeve, but not all the way down to your hands.
Wo Wo Wo, let me get this straight..there are people who wear long sleeves underneath a short sleeve shirt? Big no no around here. If you're wearing long sleeves, you better have a jacket or plate coat on.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

my 2 cents

Navy shirts- Navy or Red undershirt
Powder Shirt-Navy undershirt

Since in our association we can't wear cream or black, I can't comment on those. And since I am in the same association as Todd, I am also not allowed to wear long sleeves under a short sleeve shirt......
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

PIAA says you can't wear long sleeves exposed under your short sleeved umpire shirt. You need to wear a navy pullover.

Now, for my summer assoc, we have 2 colors permitted: navy and powder blue, but navy is the default color.

I dont see what the big deal is about undershirts since you really can't see them at all except where your shirt comes unbuttoned at the top.... but anyways, PIAA is navy undershirt and my summer assoc is navy or red undershirt.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

From past discussions here, I believe Carl is one of the ones who wears long sleeve UA, in the summer, on 100 degree days, to be cooler. This is not a jacket vs. sleeves issue.

I normally wear blue under blue or powder blue, and black under cream, but I have also used a grey sleveless under any of these, because you can't really see it, unless you are in my face. It doesn't really matter to me, because most of the shirts I use, except turtles, can't easily be seen.

I can't say I have never worn a red shirt, but it hasn't been lately.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 06:43pm
Official Forum Member

All I own is navy blue underarmour. But then all I wear are navy blue shirts. (Boy I wish I could call them Marine blue instead).

A base umpire the other day wore a red underarmour shirt under a navy shirt and it looked pretty sharp. I may have to pick up one red one for the bases. Behind the plate, no one can see my under shirt anyways.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

piaa ump...

Just curious, why cant you guys wear black or cream?
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckfan1
piaa ump...

I cant either, High School or summer. Navy is the only allowed color by our association.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 11:27pm
M.A.S.H.

Whatever the outter trim is the color under shirt I wear.
Old Thu Jul 07, 2005, 11:59pm
Official Forum Member

First, don't wear a white undershirt, unless you're carrying your lunch pail with you. I don't care that you see some MLB guys do it with their black shirts, they look like Archie Bunker too.

Navy: Either red or navy.
Powder blue: Navy blue. Red is horrific, don't even.
Silver (the new +POS color): Black or red.
Red: Black.
Cream: Hate 'em, they're baseball colored. Don't wear 'em.

As for long sleeves, use the +POS lined shirts. They're really, really nice.

Mr. Blackwell has spoken.
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckfan1
piaa ump...

For high school..state rule. Only Navy or Powder, and it's almost always Navy. Since our association (piaa ump and I are in the same assoc.) for summer ball is basically the same guys as our high school association, same rules.

In addition, a neighboring association that piaa ump and I both work for high school is Navy only...don't even think about wearing the powder, even for softball.

Side note: Stan, have you heard anything about the County League (not legion, the semi-pro league) guys wearing Red? You know as well as I do that no one ever wears Red in our area, but I went by Fayette City the other day when Red Doggs was playing and I swore the Us were in Red...