The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

yup

I guess it isnt odd to find that in one area of the state two local chapters can have 2 so varying dress codes, but as Todd states that is the way it is where we call games.....

Navy or Powder w/ navy T meets PIAA rules so it carries over to our summer association. Todd and I both have the powder shirt and I for one like wearing it in the July/August timeframes...

But the neighboring chapter the rule is Navy/Navy T and no flag patches.....even though PIAA allows the flag. Fortunately when we work games for them they don't make us to comply with the no flag ban as my PIAA jacket has a flag patch on it.

I have not seen the red on the local county league guys (semipro) and I'm not a fan of the red. If we were able to go with an alternate color I wouldnt mind the black.

Stan
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 10:33am
In Memoriam

Arrow No flags?

Quote:
Originally posted by piaa_ump
But the neighboring chapter the rule is Navy/Navy T and no flag patches.....even though PIAA allows the flag.
piaa ump,
Interesting.
Haven't heard of the flag ban, ... lately.
mick

Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

ban

Mick,
I think "ban" might have been too strong a word......In the original PIAA code the only patch that was to be worn was the PIAA keystone patch....after 9/11 the code was changed to allow an optional flag.........this chapter opted to not endorse the flag patch as a matter of uniformity (some with/some without).......
Stan
Old Fri Jul 08, 2005, 12:27pm
In Memoriam

Arrow I see.

Quote:
Originally posted by piaa_ump
Mick,
I think "ban" might have been too strong a word......In the original PIAA code the only patch that was to be worn was the PIAA keystone patch....after 9/11 the code was changed to allow an optional flag.........this chapter opted to not endorse the flag patch as a matter of uniformity (some with/some without).......
Stan
piaa ump,
Similar sitch in Michigan. ... optional.

Uniformity, or not, if some soldier's Dad is umping in that association, he may have found himself between a rock and a hard place.

Sometimes we think of ourselves as being more important than we are.

mick