The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
I am a believer in the helmet and the only reason I would go back to a mask is if I am required to in order to advance.

I am suprised that you have a red mask. Do you receive any flak from your association? We have a guy that wears a red helmet. It looks like a big tomato on his head. Because he doesn't want to change, he is stuck calling 12/13 year old ball.

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Any problems with the New View over glasses on the occasional days I can't wear my contacts?
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Coyle
I had the POS Zero Gravity until it took one foul ball above the nose. That section bent and an upright piece near the ear broke. That mask doesn't offer any protection. I'm now wearing the Honig's K91; it's a little heavier than the POS but that may be necessary in order to get full protection.

I called Frank Neves as Honigs Northeast (in CT) and had the mask the following day!
I have never heard of anyone having problems with the Zero Gravity before.

Garth, or anyone else, have you also noticed that the mask is weak?
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rickfriedmann
Any problems with the New View over glasses on the occasional days I can't wear my contacts?
I wear mine with glasses; no problems.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:
I had the POS Zero Gravity until it took one foul ball above the nose. That section bent and an upright piece near the ear broke. That mask doesn't offer any protection. I'm now wearing the Honig's K91; it's a little heavier than the POS but that may be necessary in order to get full protection.

I called Frank Neves as Honigs Northeast (in CT) and had the mask the following day!

Nope. I've taken some monster shots on it and have had no problems at all. Sounds like a defect issue if it really broke after a foul shot. I'd call +Pos.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 06:41pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:

Nope. I've taken some monster shots on it and have had no problems at all. Sounds like a defect issue if it really broke after a foul shot. I'd call +Pos.
I've taken a few shots in college games, one on a foul ball on a 90+ MPH fastball. It dented the mask a bit. I still wear it on days when I'm not wearing my new Diamond helmet.

Oh, I'd recommend the Diamond helmet from Gerry Davis. Inexpensive and far better, IMO, than the All-Star.
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Nope. I've taken some monster shots on it and have had no problems at all. Sounds like a defect issue if it really broke after a foul shot. I'd call +Pos. [/B]
I have tried calling, emailing +Pos. No one will answer the phone or reply to emails. HELP!!!