The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks, DG for the words of wisdom. I get very passionate about all aspects of the game because I care. I guess I don't understand why others don't share my passion for the best game ever invented.
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by John Robertson
I'll make sure I tell the 200 delegates at the Society for American Baseball Research convention this August that LDUB has decreed that scoring rules have nothing to do with the game. That ought to bring the house down.
Stop twisting my words. Read the whole post.

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
The rules you cite are playing rules. They actually have something to do with how the game is played. Opposed to scoring rules which have nothing to do with the game at all.
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

DG has the right idea. I look forward to seeing you at the SABR convention.
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Since you are relatively new here, I will offer a word of advice. Treat the grouches like a fan in the stands, ignore them. If you respond to them they will just come back with more.
DG,

Do you realize that you are defending the person who said that after he makes an interference call he goes to the dugout and explains who gets the putout to the scorer? And then when I call him out and say that that is not the best idea, as you are opening yourself up to comments from the dugout, he says that he has never had a bad experience in doing this.

Then he tries to find some rules which will back up his actions. But of course there are none.

You should be defending me against the guy with the crazy views, not the other way around.
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Since you are relatively new here, I will offer a word of advice. Treat the grouches like a fan in the stands, ignore them. If you respond to them they will just come back with more.
DG,

Do you realize that you are defending the person who said that after he makes an interference call he goes to the dugout and explains who gets the putout to the scorer? And then when I call him out and say that that is not the best idea, as you are opening yourself up to comments from the dugout, he says that he has never had a bad experience in doing this.

Then he tries to find some rules which will back up his actions. But of course there are none.

You should be defending me against the guy with the crazy views, not the other way around.
There is nothing in this post about an interference call. Sounds like you have a beef from some other post. I try to keep each game separate and not carry grudges from one game to another. You have already said scoring is not important so why you keep posting on it? Excuse me, that was a question, which begs a response, but I am no really looking for one so don't bother. I am not following my own advice... which I will from hence forth.
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DG
There is nothing in this post about an interference call. Sounds like you have a beef from some other post. I try to keep each game separate and not carry grudges from one game to another. You have already said scoring is not important so why you keep posting on it? Excuse me, that was a question, which begs a response, but I am no really looking for one so don't bother. I am not following my own advice... which I will from hence forth.
Nothing about an interference call?

Quote:
In the leagues I umpire, whenever there's an interference call (or something else that's a little bit unusual) at the end of the inning I'll let the home team's scorekeeper know who ought to be credited with the putout.
DG,

Are you advocating this type of action?
Old Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Nothing about an interference call?

Quote:
In the leagues I umpire, whenever there's an interference call (or something else that's a little bit unusual) at the end of the inning I'll let the home team's scorekeeper know who ought to be credited with the putout.
DG,

Are you advocating this type of action?
No, but I'm not anal about it.
Closed Thread