Official Forum Member

Hypocrisy

Shoot, ya got me.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Funny

Quote:
Originally posted by Heydt
A google search on another topic led to my discovery of this fine site.

Browsing this forum drew my attention to a rather popular (4 pages) discussion of this seemingly simple rule.

Funny, how this forum turns out to be no different that any other forum ever, eteams, or otherwise. Every hole with an opinion (including me - thanks for drawing me into this mire, btw) needs to share it. And I do not need to know how long its been here, to know that it has been like this from the first week.

How much cooler would this forum be, and how much more successful, and how perfect would our world be, if this thread had only one response: the correct answer.

We could then spend our days in pursuit of knowledge, instead of trolling bbs, fighting such brave anonymous battles, always secure that we are the only one that is right, even though 20+ people, many perhaps distinctively brighter, tell me I am wrong.

Funny, before I could post a reply today, I had to agree to some things, among them, the following:

"The Official Forum was created by Right Sports, Inc. and is intended to provide a safe haven for officials of all levels to come to discuss their avocation. Whether Little League or NCAA, this is the place for officials to discuss rules, mechanics, philosophy, and anything else related to officiating.

Fans, Coaches, Players, and all non-officials: You are welcome to participate, ask questions, give comments, etc. Please respect that this is a discussion forum for sports officials - attacks will not be tolerated."

Little League is fine, and no attacks. Huh, how about that?

So, Tee, or whoever, apparently, you have long been in a place you don't understand from day one. You are not the boss of anybody.

See? I am always right. As usual.
I've figured it out. You're the guy I've heard so much about. You know, "The Heydt of Conceit".
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 05:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Re: Re: Funny

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Quote:
Originally posted by Heydt
A google search on another topic led to my discovery of this fine site.

Browsing this forum drew my attention to a rather popular (4 pages) discussion of this seemingly simple rule.

Funny, how this forum turns out to be no different that any other forum ever, eteams, or otherwise. Every hole with an opinion (including me - thanks for drawing me into this mire, btw) needs to share it. And I do not need to know how long its been here, to know that it has been like this from the first week.

How much cooler would this forum be, and how much more successful, and how perfect would our world be, if this thread had only one response: the correct answer.

We could then spend our days in pursuit of knowledge, instead of trolling bbs, fighting such brave anonymous battles, always secure that we are the only one that is right, even though 20+ people, many perhaps distinctively brighter, tell me I am wrong.

Funny, before I could post a reply today, I had to agree to some things, among them, the following:

"The Official Forum was created by Right Sports, Inc. and is intended to provide a safe haven for officials of all levels to come to discuss their avocation. Whether Little League or NCAA, this is the place for officials to discuss rules, mechanics, philosophy, and anything else related to officiating.

Fans, Coaches, Players, and all non-officials: You are welcome to participate, ask questions, give comments, etc. Please respect that this is a discussion forum for sports officials - attacks will not be tolerated."

Little League is fine, and no attacks. Huh, how about that?

So, Tee, or whoever, apparently, you have long been in a place you don't understand from day one. You are not the boss of anybody.

See? I am always right. As usual.
I've figured it out. You're the guy I've heard so much about. You know, "The Heydt of Conceit".
Pretty good, Garth! Too bad: I think it's wasted on the object of your affection.
Anyway, a troll by any other name....
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Re: Re: Re: Why . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
As another exampler, some local LL umpires criticize me for not volunteering my umpiring. They claim I've given nothing back to the community. Apparently my 30 years of volunteer service for other youth activities, my parish and other non-profit groups is meaningless because it isn't LL. [/B]
Reminded me of a local league official the other day. Said "you umpires are only out to make a buck and you don't give anything back to community."

I guess going to Iraq, getting shot at and losing a buddy isn't giving back. It was everything I could do not to stand up and rip this guy's skull from his stupid little head.

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Re: And,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
You have every right to post anything you want . . . just allow me the same freedom.

And Hey, I understand this site quite well, but thanks.

Join the paid site and read some of my columns . . .

Next up: "What To Do When Working with Smitty or Working With a Poorly Trained Partner"

And please, don't even try to compare this site to eTeamSleeze.
but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
. . . Do we continue to deal with this sh!t!

Obviously, this is now Eteamsleeze. . .

A coaches site.

I am gone.
hmmm