The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 19, 2005, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 2,439
WUA makes announcement

http://www.worldumpires.com/features/051905Young.htm
__________________
When in doubt, bang 'em out!
Ozzy
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 19, 2005, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Newburgh NY
Posts: 1,822
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzy6900
WUA makes announcement

http://www.worldumpires.com/features/051905Young.htm
From the link

The experimental rule, designed to encourage an improved pace of play, requires a batter to keep one foot in the batter's box throughout an at-bat, unless certain exceptions apply, in which case the batter must remain within the dirt area surrounding home plate. An umpire will be able to award an automatic strike or strikes, without the pitcher having to deliver a pitch, if a batter intentionally leaves the batter's box and delays play. A similar rule applies in National Collegiate Athletic Association play. The experimental rule was used successfully in 2004 during the Major League Baseball-operated Arizona Fall League, a developmental league for top Minor League prospects.

Who said FED rules are FEDLANDIA

Pete Booth

__________________
Peter M. Booth
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 19, 2005, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,729
Yep,

I think I'll send Larry the re-entry rule and the modernized appeal play. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 19, 2005, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 2,439
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PeteBooth
Quote:

From the link

The experimental rule, designed to encourage an improved pace of play, requires a batter to keep one foot in the batter's box throughout an at-bat, unless certain exceptions apply, in which case the batter must remain within the dirt area surrounding home plate. An umpire will be able to award an automatic strike or strikes, without the pitcher having to deliver a pitch, if a batter intentionally leaves the batter's box and delays play. A similar rule applies in National Collegiate Athletic Association play. The experimental rule was used successfully in 2004 during the Major League Baseball-operated Arizona Fall League, a developmental league for top Minor League prospects.

Who said FED rules are FEDLANDIA

Pete Booth

Can you imagine what that would do in MLB to guys like Nomar Garciaparra?
__________________
When in doubt, bang 'em out!
Ozzy
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 19, 2005, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 508
Re: Yep,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
I think I'll send Larry the re-entry rule and the modernized appeal play. :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Yes Tee, clarify this for the guys!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 19, 2005, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 7,621
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzy6900
Can you imagine what that would do in MLB to guys like Nomar Garciaparra?
Or, back in the day, to Mike Hargrove, "the human rain delay"?
__________________
Cheers,
mb
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1