The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to danreeves1973
In the process of straightening up our storeroom at the local Dixie league fields I found an McGregor Chest protector we had that no one remember us ever buying. Cleaned it up, and its in good shape, harnass and pad are all solid, has extended arms and hard shoulder caps.

Question I have is about re-attaching the shoulders to the main chest pad. They were tied on with what looked to be shoelaces when I found it. Is there a particular type of cording or lacing that is used on this kind of protector to attach the shoulders back on, or would any heavy cord or lacing material, maybe parachute cord do the job?

Also, anyone ever seen a single bar face mask break or deform from a shot to the mask? Saw it this year. Not my mask thank God.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

I think parachute cord would work quite nicely. Also some good leather cord would work as well.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

I've used wire ties in similar situations with good luck.

Old Thu May 05, 2005, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to danreeves1973
Thought about wire ties, only problem would be adjusting it after tieing them on.

Probably go get some heavy leather lacing or parachute cord, something that'll hold up and still look descent.