The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Is there a No head first slide at home rule for OBR. An ump that I worked a Dixie game with(we use OBR with Dixie), said there was a new slide rule that we had to inforce. I have a 2 year old book so I went on the web and I did not see it. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

There is no rule in OBR against a head-first slide. That said, your local league might have some "safety amendments" that prohibit those slides. Ask the league umpire-in-chief or a board member just to make sure.
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Smile

hammer,

There is no rule prohibiting a head first slide in OBR. There are many youth leagues which use OBR as their "base" or "foundation" rules which, as one of their "youth safety" modifications, prohibit head first slides. I don't know if Dixie is one or not.

JM
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hammer
Is there a No head first slide at home rule for OBR. An ump that I worked a Dixie game with(we use OBR with Dixie), said there was a new slide rule that we had to inforce. I have a 2 year old book so I went on the web and I did not see it. Any help will be appreciated.
You can check their website, but a few years ago Dixie did outlaw the head first slide in their younger age groups.

I don't know if its still a rule or not, I would think it probably is because they did it as a safety issue.

Thanks
David
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

I have a sliderule in my car. Every once in a while, when someone asks me about the slide rule, I bring it out and tell them that "This" is the only slide rule I know about. (Of course, this doesn't work in areas with FPSR!).