The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 12:48am
Official Forum Member

Cool protests???

Oregon School Activities Assn. does not allow protests in Fed ball. Resolve it on the field or ...TS! In other ball around here, most of the coaches don't know the rules well enough to do it right, even when they have a good issue. (Good thing, too, as most protest committees are pretty much in the dark, also.)
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 02:05am
Official Forum Member

Talking Fan F@#^$#^& tastic

Or..as they say is some sub cultures..

F@#%in A!

Thank you Dave H. I was only going based on what my brain (an oxymoron since I have been termed Brainless by the WFDU) KNEW to be correct. BUT you have cited JEA, which even "you-know-who" accepts as factual.. the... AUTHORITATIVE OPION we like to talk about so much...

And now.. (you know that wordy guy) has been exposed. I can't wait to (skip over) his 1000 word treatise coming soon which will try to weasel his way out of his last silly post.

Dude...YOU WERE (ARE) WRONG. This is not "opinion".

I protest!

...and all the people gathered to watch as the Emperor rode by on his carriage. "How splendid he looks in his royal robes!" They shouted. "Why those splendid clothes must have been spun by angels!

"But, said the little boy, "he's wearing nothing at all!"

Mike Branch
Member, Founder
EWS
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 02:20am
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hensley
$10 is a bargain. The minimum fee in the various leagues I call is $20, although, come to think of it, I think I recall our MSBL league is going to experiment this year and do away with the protest fee.

I think a protest fee should be high enough to dissuade the manager from protesting frivolously, but low enough to not pose an undue burden when a legitimate issue of controversy exists. In other words, twenty bucks.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
In CA., we get 25 clams(MSBL) included. I do think it is a grave mistake to allow MSBL to do away with a fee(deposit??), glad I aint gotta hear em......
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ump20
Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by BJ Moose
Or..as they say is some sub cultures..

F@#%in A!...

And now.. (you know that wordy guy) has been exposed. I can't wait to (skip over) his 1000 word treatise coming soon which will try to weasel his way out of his last silly post.

Dude...YOU WERE (ARE) WRONG. This is not "opinion".

I protest!

...and all the people gathered to watch as the Emperor rode by on his carriage. "How splendid he looks in his royal robes!" They shouted. "Why those splendid clothes must have been spun by angels!

"But, said the little boy, "he's wearing nothing at all!"

Mike Branch
Member, Founder
EWS
It appears we are nearing the time to vote someone off the Island.

I might suggest that the censor begin to label posts that have no baseball value so that we avoid deteriorating any further in the process of umpire education. Jim/NY
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Talking Re: Survivor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ump20
[B
It appears we are nearing the time to vote someone off the Island.

posts that have no baseball value so that we avoid deteriorating any further in the process of umpire education. [/B]
It may have been a bit, strong, and sophomoric. Sorry.

I will attempt to conduct myself. However, the message is educational. It is the mission of EWS to lead the great silent Blue Majority, through the quagmire of mistatements presented by "Persons Of (Alleged) Authority". I just wanted to let the masses know that the truth was uncovered and that one of Emperor's truly has no clothes.

Sorry.. I'll be good!

Mike B
EWS
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Warren, in quoting 4.19 regarding protests you failed to quote:

"Each league shall adopt rules governing procedure for protesting a game......"

Once again in going to the book in seeking support of your point of view you elect to take only the phrase that might support you while electing not to show that which may refute you. Please understand, that technique can cause the readers to question your sincerity in attempting to resolve an issue vs. just trying to substantiate your point of view. It is likely what causes the inconsistency in many of your posts.

Just my opinion,

Steve
EWS
Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Moose, in an earlier post stated, "I 've taken the pledge," which was a reference to no longer posting personal attacks and staying on point.

His above post indicates how seriously he has taken this pledge.

His proclamation that he is both founder and member of a juvenile group named only to further attack another poster is additional proof of his true interests in posting at eumpire.

Hopefully, management will again see his posts are leading this board into the abyss to which others have fallen.

Moose, if you can umpire without personally attacking others, without mugging for your friends and keeping you mind on business, surely you can do that here.

GB

Old Sun Feb 18, 2001, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Garth, did you post that before reading Moose's mea culpa? Or did you read his apology and still feel the way you stated?

Closed Thread