The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 12, 2004, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

I know this is probably a "you had to see it" play but here it goes. I didn't see it either but it's interesting.

R3 starts down the line on the pitch. B1 squares to bunt. F1 throws up & in, B1 goes down in the box. F2 stabs at the ball & it rolls a few feet behind B1. F2 picks up the ball as R3 is starting his slide. F2 tries to go around B1 who's still on the ground in the box. Ump called safe.

Any disagreements? What if F2 tried to go over the top of B1? Where was B1 supposed to go?
Old Mon Jul 12, 2004, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Good call. G.
Old Mon Jul 12, 2004, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
I know this is probably a "you had to see it" play but here it goes. I didn't see it either but it's interesting.

R3 starts down the line on the pitch. B1 squares to bunt. F1 throws up & in, B1 goes down in the box. F2 stabs at the ball & it rolls a few feet behind B1. F2 picks up the ball as R3 is starting his slide. F2 tries to go around B1 who's still on the ground in the box. Ump called safe.

Any disagreements? What if F2 tried to go over the top of B1? Where was B1 supposed to go?
1. Nice call
2. B1 is on the ground avoiding a pitch. He cannot dissapear so if F2 climbs on top of B1 we get what we get. No INTF on B1.
Old Mon Jul 12, 2004, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
good calls

PU made a good call. And just as important - the offensive coach did as well. This is exactly what you want your batter to do. Any movement and he runs the risk of causing an interference.

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass
Old Mon Jul 12, 2004, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado

Good call, but I think it would have been much easier had the batter dissappeared. The catcher would have an easier play, the runner would have not have to worry about the batter, and the umpire would'nt have to worry about possible interference claims by the defensive coach.

Now the real tricky part would be to see if anyone picks up the BOO call because you can't find the batter. What a complicated game this is.
andthe