The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 31, 2004, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

I recently purchased a WV Platinum from Honig's a while ago, and am having trouble sizing it. Does anybody out there know how it should be sized...should it be as tight as possible while still being comfotable so it fits around you neck? Also, how low should it protect? Anything else? I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old Tue Jun 01, 2004, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

I use a Platinum. I've got it run up high enough that my collar bones are protected, pretty high. Seeing that this particular vest is a "one size fits most", your milage may vary. I'm 6'1" and 185lbs. It does leave your lower torsoe open to shots.

I suggest lots of situps, or work from a knee, like I do.
Old Tue Jun 01, 2004, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

First of all, the West Vest Platinum is a chest protector. When adjusted properly, most of your stomach and the entire abdomen is exposed. The vest should be adjusted so that the collar of the unit does not hit your throat (leave about 1/2" space). This spacing will usually set the West Vest Platinum in the correct position and it will be comfortable. The soft "beak" on the chest may hang up under the shirt a little. A minor adjustment shoud take care of this. The West Vest Platinum should not feel as if it is digging into your shoulders - if it does, then it is riding too high and/or you have the straps too tight.