The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 28, 2004, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
In my post above on May 27th, there is a link to a web page that describes my experience with a helmet which touches on all the points you have questions about.

Please remember it is only one person's experience. But I have received lots of feedback from others who do agree with my experience and a few who have not. But those who have not were not using the All Star or the Easton.

Nick
Old Sat May 29, 2004, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

answers.

Lighter than anything I have had, and my regular mask was envied around here for it's light weight design. And it is much much less hot than a wool hat on your head. The mask is vented and you get a great breeze through it. And the field of vision is rediculous. I found it much lighter and much cooler than my previous arrangement.
Old Sat May 29, 2004, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

3apples,

Try to get the shipper to put down that the package is a "gift" often Customs won't inquire any further(federal employees don't like work, unless the Liberals are giving them extra under the table). Thus you will save duty on the product.
Old Sat May 29, 2004, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

He did

However, he put the full amount of the value at 97US, which is over the limit for gifts. So i had to pay the taxes, no biggie.
Old Mon May 31, 2004, 03:11am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ecurebel
i was at a camp here in NC recently and saw one of the members of this camp wearing one of those mask. it seemed to be too bulky and cumbersome while trying to call

i have seen players use this helmet and it is definately not an umpires piece of equipment unless you don't plan on removing it often. fasteners on this helmet come off too easily and does not make for a safe piece. i would not suggest going to a one piece mask