The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 11, 2004, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

Is anybody else having any trouble getting their shoes? I"ve tried three or four times calling them to get a date when they will be shipped, before christmas and keep getting, maybe next week| Now there saying the end of Febuary. I need them the middle of Febuary| I don"t know what to do-cancel, or keep waiting| Any one help||
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I received my shoes, which were ordered at the San Antonio NCAA meeting; however, they are too narrow and will need a huge amount of breaking in. I'm not too sure I like them at all!
of Professional Umpiring
Old Sat Feb 14, 2004, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Gerry Davis Shoes

I ordered a pair of Gerry Davis hi-top plate shoes in patent leather but I ordered them very early (Nov.) and got them in early Dec. I have used them several times now and find them to be as good as if not better than my previous pair that were non-patent leather (3 seasons) and they look great (much superior to leather luster which my last pair were).

One very important thing I did find however and quite by accident was that they run smaller than the non-patent leather hi-tops (or maybe less flexible because of the patent leather). Tried on another umps new patent leather's that were the same size I had been using in the non-patent leather version and I was shocked to find I couldn't get my foot into the shoe. I ended up changing my order to "one full size larger" and they fit great (I use two pair of socks). I hope this is of some help as to sizing but I have nothing to add with regard to supply. They look so great though I'm sure they are going to get overwhelmed with orders this season and as far as I know they are the only company with a patent leather plate shoe at the moment.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2004, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Gerry Davis shoes

Thanks for the info guys,appreciated. I did receive a e-mail from Scott Ehret with Gerry Davis saying he had talked with the president of the manufacturing company. He assured Scott the shoes would be shipped the 26th of Feb. Scott said they would then ship out the orders within 24 hours. I believe I"ll wait on them and give the shoes a try, just hope I selected the right size! Thanks again, Jim