View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 14, 2004, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Gerry Davis Shoes

I ordered a pair of Gerry Davis hi-top plate shoes in patent leather but I ordered them very early (Nov.) and got them in early Dec. I have used them several times now and find them to be as good as if not better than my previous pair that were non-patent leather (3 seasons) and they look great (much superior to leather luster which my last pair were).

One very important thing I did find however and quite by accident was that they run smaller than the non-patent leather hi-tops (or maybe less flexible because of the patent leather). Tried on another umps new patent leather's that were the same size I had been using in the non-patent leather version and I was shocked to find I couldn't get my foot into the shoe. I ended up changing my order to "one full size larger" and they fit great (I use two pair of socks). I hope this is of some help as to sizing but I have nothing to add with regard to supply. They look so great though I'm sure they are going to get overwhelmed with orders this season and as far as I know they are the only company with a patent leather plate shoe at the moment.