The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jul 08, 2020, 08:19pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,789
What do we have?

Situation: Offensive Team is in the 1B Dugout; R3, R2, and R1; 0 Outs; and B4 hits a Fly Ball which causes the Ball to pass over the Outfield Fence while over Fair Territory.

Play 1:

1) Offensive Team Players and Substitutes gather around HP as R3, R2, R1, and B4 advance around the Bases.

2) R3 advances toward and touches HP.

3) R2 touches 3B and advances toward HP but stops approximately 6ft short of HP.

4) R1 touches 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP. R1 hi-fives R2 as he passes R2 but stops approximately 3ft short of HP.

5) B4 touches 1B, 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP.

6) B4 hi-fives, in order, R2 and R1, and in doing so passes R2 and R1 before touching HP.

7) R2 and R1 then run pass HP into their Team's Dugout without touching HP with the rest of their Teammates.


Play 2:

1) Offensive Team Players and Substitutes gather around HP as R3, R2, R1, and B4 advance around the Bases.

2) R3 advances toward and passes HP but does not touch HP.

3) R2 touches 3B and advances toward HP but stops approximately 6ft short of HP.

4) R1 touches 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP. R1 hi-fives R2 as he passes R2 but stops approximately 3ft short of HP.

5) B4 touches 1B, 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP.

6) B4 hi-fives, in order, R2 and R1, and in doing so passes R2 and R1 before touching HP.

7) R2 and R1 then run pass HP, without touching HP, into their Team's Dugout with the rest of their Teammates.


What do we have using a) NFHS, b) NCAA, and c) MLB/MiLB/OBR/WBSC Rules?


NOTE: WBSC is the World Baseball Softball Confederation and USA Baseball represents the United States.
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Ump. Assn.
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 09, 2020, 06:40am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,254
Play 1: R3 scores. R1 is out for passing R2. BR is out for passing R2. R2 scores. Twor runs, two outs.

Play 2: Same thing, pending appeal of R3 missing home. If the defense appeals, R3 is out and this is a force out for the third out so no runs score.

All baseball rules.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 09, 2020, 03:39pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Situation: Offensive Team is in the 1B Dugout; R3, R2, and R1; 0 Outs; and B4 hits a Fly Ball which causes the Ball to pass over the Outfield Fence while over Fair Territory.

Play 1:

1) Offensive Team Players and Substitutes gather around HP as R3, R2, R1, and B4 advance around the Bases.

2) R3 advances toward and touches HP.

3) R2 touches 3B and advances toward HP but stops approximately 6ft short of HP.

4) R1 touches 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP. R1 hi-fives R2 as he passes R2 but stops approximately 3ft short of HP.

5) B4 touches 1B, 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP.

6) B4 hi-fives, in order, R2 and R1, and in doing so passes R2 and R1 before touching HP.

7) R2 and R1 then run pass HP into their Team's Dugout without touching HP with the rest of their Teammates.


Play 2:

1) Offensive Team Players and Substitutes gather around HP as R3, R2, R1, and B4 advance around the Bases.

2) R3 advances toward and passes HP but does not touch HP.

3) R2 touches 3B and advances toward HP but stops approximately 6ft short of HP.

4) R1 touches 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP. R1 hi-fives R2 as he passes R2 but stops approximately 3ft short of HP.

5) B4 touches 1B, 2B, 3B, and advances toward HP.

6) B4 hi-fives, in order, R2 and R1, and in doing so passes R2 and R1 before touching HP.

7) R2 and R1 then run pass HP, without touching HP, into their Team's Dugout with the rest of their Teammates.


What do we have using a) NFHS, b) NCAA, and c) MLB/MiLB/OBR/WBSC Rules?


NOTE: WBSC is the World Baseball Softball Confederation and USA Baseball represents the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Play 1: R3 scores. R1 is out for passing R2. BR is out for passing R2. R2 scores. Twor runs, two outs.

Play 2: Same thing, pending appeal of R3 missing home. If the defense appeals, R3 is out and this is a force out for the third out so no runs score.

All baseball rules.

Bob:

In Play 1, R2 did not touch HP on his way to his Team's Dugout. Is there not a possible appeal of R2 not touching HP?

MTD, Sr.
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Ump. Assn.
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jul 09, 2020, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 17,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Bob:

In Play 1, R2 did not touch HP on his way to his Team's Dugout. Is there not a possible appeal of R2 not touching HP?

MTD, Sr.
Yes, sorry--I missed that part. R2's out would be the third out and his run would not score. Since he wasn't forced to home, R3's run would still count.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1