The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 15, 2019, 05:44pm
Administrator

Matt Andriese, RHP for the Arizona Diamondbacks.

I am watching the Reds at Diamondbacks game. When Andriese pitches from the Set Position he comes to a complete and discernible stop not once but twice every time. And not once was he called for a Balk. He comes Set, comes to a complete and discernible stop, and then picks up his non-pivot up and resets it again and comes to a complete and discernible stop a second time.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Sep 15, 2019, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Video?
Old Mon Sep 16, 2019, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Can't video but watched that inning on MLBTV. His stretch with no runners has a little stutter step to a final stop that I wouldn't call at any level even with runners. BUT with R1 I had a start stop when he repositioned the free foot twice. You can sometimes allow that as getting comfortable but not in this case. Then after he finally "gets comfortable" he comes to one complete stop and free foot reset and after a noticeable pause comes set again with another move of the free foot. They nailed R1 on a steal attempt but I don't know if Andriese's shenanigans had any effect on R1. He pitches from the set with or without runners but he definitely changes the manner he comes set with R1 and I think it's to affect R1. It's MLB so who knows why they don't balk him. I've seen worse start stops called at that level.
Old Tue Sep 24, 2019, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

If you want to have fun check out Cleveland pitcher, Clemenger, make that Clevinger, in his sideways windup. Don't worry, he settles down with runners on in his set, double or triple. But I have nothing in either case. Some guys might.

Last edited by umpjim; Fri Sep 27, 2019 at 11:54am.