The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 05, 2019, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Recent Baseball Postings

The last posting I see here was October 10, 2018. Have there been no posts since then, or am I just not seeing them?

Hancock Blue, where the polar vortex held us captive for 10 days,
Old Tue Feb 05, 2019, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

I see a thread from Jan 17 and one from Jan 8, for example.

Use the "display options" sectionbelow the thread listing to change what is shown
Old Thu Mar 07, 2019, 03:46pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Wow, this forum is that rarely used? I don't do baseball anymore, having been seduced by the Dark Side known as women's fast pitch softball. But I came over here just to see if I recognize any of the old hands from back in the Eteamz days. I guess baseball umpires have gone elsewhere to discuss elephant balks, huh?
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker
Old Mon Mar 18, 2019, 01:35pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
Wow, this forum is that rarely used? I don't do baseball anymore, having been seduced by the Dark Side known as women's fast pitch softball. But I came over here just to see if I recognize any of the old hands from back in the Eteamz days. I guess baseball umpires have gone elsewhere to discuss elephant balks, huh?
The baseball heyday for this forum does seem to be behind it. Facebook groups have taken over for many I suppose.
Old Mon Mar 18, 2019, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Umpire-Empire is now THE prominent baseball forum for umpires these days. I know, because I'm a member, and I've seen some other U-E users here (Rich Ives).
Old Mon Mar 18, 2019, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
The baseball heyday for this forum does seem to be behind it. Facebook groups have taken over for many I suppose.
Facebook has not taken over unless you enjoy debating with clueless posters and can winnow though the way posts and replies separate into forks in the road. Umpire-Empire works for most of us. Rely on a Facebook thread at your peril. You will have what you think is a useful discussion and random idiots will take it of the rails.
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 02:49am
Official Forum Member

Same here Manny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
Lol Manny. I’m with you doing much more softball these days than baseball. I just came over here to look up an interpretation still some good stuff on here if you search it out. I remember back in the day we could just about always find some resolution somehow 😃. I’m in a Facebook group but it’s a joke guys with lots of conjecture and opinions not much ever gets resolved and lots of college umpires who wear their feelings on their shoulders 👎
Good to see you still kicking it around.

Thanks
David
Old Mon Mar 25, 2019, 10:08pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
Facebook has not taken over unless you enjoy debating with clueless posters and can winnow though the way posts and replies separate into forks in the road. Umpire-Empire works for most of us. Rely on a Facebook thread at your peril. You will have what you think is a useful discussion and random idiots will take it of the rails.
This ^^^