The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Recent Baseball Postings (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/104352-recent-baseball-postings.html)

Hancock Blue Tue Feb 05, 2019 06:16pm

Recent Baseball Postings

The last posting I see here was October 10, 2018. Have there been no posts since then, or am I just not seeing them?

Hancock Blue, where the polar vortex held us captive for 10 days,

bob jenkins Tue Feb 05, 2019 07:09pm

I see a thread from Jan 17 and one from Jan 8, for example.

Use the "display options" sectionbelow the thread listing to change what is shown

Manny A Thu Mar 07, 2019 03:46pm

Wow, this forum is that rarely used? I don't do baseball anymore, having been seduced by the Dark Side known as women's fast pitch softball. But I came over here just to see if I recognize any of the old hands from back in the Eteamz days. I guess baseball umpires have gone elsewhere to discuss elephant balks, huh?

Welpe Mon Mar 18, 2019 01:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1030960)
Wow, this forum is that rarely used? I don't do baseball anymore, having been seduced by the Dark Side known as women's fast pitch softball. But I came over here just to see if I recognize any of the old hands from back in the Eteamz days. I guess baseball umpires have gone elsewhere to discuss elephant balks, huh?

The baseball heyday for this forum does seem to be behind it. Facebook groups have taken over for many I suppose.

ilyazhito Mon Mar 18, 2019 02:19pm

Umpire-Empire is now THE prominent baseball forum for umpires these days. I know, because I'm a member, and I've seen some other U-E users here (Rich Ives).

umpjim Mon Mar 18, 2019 09:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 1031182)
The baseball heyday for this forum does seem to be behind it. Facebook groups have taken over for many I suppose.

Facebook has not taken over unless you enjoy debating with clueless posters and can winnow though the way posts and replies separate into forks in the road. Umpire-Empire works for most of us. Rely on a Facebook thread at your peril. You will have what you think is a useful discussion and random idiots will take it of the rails.

David B Tue Mar 19, 2019 02:49am

Same here Manny

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1030960)

Lol Manny. I’m with you doing much more softball these days than baseball. I just came over here to look up an interpretation still some good stuff on here if you search it out. I remember back in the day we could just about always find some resolution somehow 😃. I’m in a Facebook group but it’s a joke guys with lots of conjecture and opinions not much ever gets resolved and lots of college umpires who wear their feelings on their shoulders 👎
Good to see you still kicking it around.

Thanks
David

johnnyg08 Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpjim (Post 1031224)
Facebook has not taken over unless you enjoy debating with clueless posters and can winnow though the way posts and replies separate into forks in the road. Umpire-Empire works for most of us. Rely on a Facebook thread at your peril. You will have what you think is a useful discussion and random idiots will take it of the rails.

This ^^^