Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 03, 2003, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: FED Ruling

Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
Warren, correct me if wrong.....the "stop-sign" is not a mechanic used in OBR, FED has it explicitly worded(as unusally usual). We do use it for the kid games(14u) but I will keep it hot, just for the purpose of a pick play. Hold up F1 from tossing too soon to the dish, but allow a pick.
The one hand up "stop sign" is not, as far as I know, a mandated mechanic under OBR at any level - but we all use it for expediency, usually at the lower levels. I've rarely used it, or even seen it used, in serious upper-level ball; the senior players are expected to police themselves in that regard or suffer the consequences.

Dave is right, too. If the hand is up time is out - no picks or steals allowed. That's why we don't use it unless absolutely necessary for safety reasons. Most officials like to keep the ball alive as long as possible to allow the game to flow.

Quote:
As most kids and kid skippers don't know the stop-sign is in actuality time-out,they just keep on truckin!!! In FED ball, the stop-sign is verbatim deadball sit, I can't quote, 2004 books not here and I toss the oldies cuz it keep changing!!
Interesting to note that FED has actually mandated the "stop sign" as a dead ball signal. I'm still learning things about this great game. Thanks for helping me out with that, Chris.

Quote:
Football season now...you outa come give football a shot....big guys like you always work the middle.....I can see it now....HEY MATE>>>Thats a hold....LOL
Yeah. Only trouble is that I'd be sure to forget where I was, think I was playing center instead of working it and try to deck some poor, unsuspecting nose tackle. No problem except I know I'd come off worst in the exchange!

Cheers, mate