View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 10, 2017, 01:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
My statement is a bit of frustration on even how the "automatics" have been adjusted -- not just at the college level, but even the HS level.

If I call a handcheck on a multiple touch where the number is 2, the quality of game I'll work going forward will decrease. I just wish they'd figure out what they ACTUALLY want and give clear instructions.

Don't get me wrong -- I think handchecking has cleaned up dramatically, but the automatics aren't as automatic as some people profess them to be, at least not in the games I've seen or worked.
How so? Again, i have called that second touch (when it is extended as we have been instructed to consider) and usually you have coaches say, "Don't reach" or "Move your feet." Usually do not have to call a thing again on that player and if you do, it is supported by the coach or coaches.

This is not much of an issue. I have a few handchecking calls a game and hardly ever are they disputed. But again, that is because a lot of officials seem to be calling these on some level.

Like Hank Nichols used to say, "Call the foul (tilt the head), they will adjust."

Peace