View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 05, 2017, 04:15pm
High Five Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
I never really gave this any thought until reading this thread, but I now realize that I don't like the coach's box. There are coaches who feel the need to be on their feet the entire game and I don't think they are actually coaching. Don't get me wrong, I have seen very good coaches who are on their feet actually doing good things with their players. For the most part, I think coaches are on their feet to give the appearance that they are doing something.

I have always thought this. Aside from calling out plays, what really is the point of a coach yelling the bs they do? If we were to stop and think, the more a coach yells, to me, would parenthetically mean the worse coach the are. If you have to tell your players to rebound, box out, hands up, move your feet, push it, outlet, swing it, one more pass, etc etc all the fricking time during a game, it just sounds poor to me. Means to me they didn't get taught enough in practice. I've always thought that, even all the way up to the best coaches.