View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 11:25am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I would like to say I never work games like this, but I did recently and I'd hate to have a video done of our game, although I can tell you that I hustled from T to L and L to T and C to C a lot more than these guys did. That's just called professionalism.

But in the game I'm thinking of, I probably called 7-10 travels myself and eventually I edited my filter on those so I wouldn't call one on every last trip. I didn't favor one team over the other. If you pull one of those out of the game film and show it in isolation, it probably shows that I am a horrible official. Oh, well.

Do I think that some hustle and attentiveness would make these crews better? Yes, I do. But it's not going to make the level of play better. I'm not from the area of the OP and in our area we have far better teams and some teams that are worse and some at the same caliber as this. And let me tell you -- I've had some games where the quality of play has me feeling that I'm the best official in the world and some where NBA officials would look terrible. This kind of basketball leans towards the latter.
Agreed. I went ahead to look at the missed shooting foul at the 2:02 mark (or so), and that was clearly missed because the lead got beat, badly, down the court. He got beat by about 8 girls, so there were at least 4 players between him and the contact on the opposite side of the lane. T wasn't in a position to help on that contact, either. Is that because he didn't hustle? I don't know for sure, to be honest, but it sure looks like it.