View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Some of my favorite officials are those who have coached and now referee. You would think they would call too much or nothing. They actually have a great balance and patience with coaching.

All you have to do is buy two fox 40s and have you, assistants, players take turn refereeing for 4 minute half quarters. Your kids will learn how to let the referees do their job. You will learn how hard it is to decide what to stop play for. This will lead you to getting into the book and understand what we are taught for calling plays. This will lead to better discussions with your officials on asking kindly to watch 24 getting her hand under the ball and how that confuses your defender and why she runs into her.

I cant agree more that this is not great ball. With the shortage of officials the better ones are going to be working the higher skill games.

And you are telling us that these officials only had these questionable calls against you and never for you. Send us the entire film. Go through and see how many calls/no calls helped you.

Most important thing you can learn coach is your teams abilities and how they preform are 90% plus affecting you winning or losing. Play the perfect game. Hit 100% of your shots, etc then expect your referees to get 100% of their calls correct. Have you even watched college games. Do you not see them miss a massive 4 step travel after being paid thousands of $ for the nights game. Every level mistakes are made and they get them right. Yet every coach in the world who hasnt refereed is all over them.

All it takes is a little time some off season games. Do just a few and quit. You will learn so much that can help your team.

I for one appreciate you bringing the video. It just supports us that we do a good job and loses are never ever our fault. Wish more people understood.

Thanks for the gems brought up by the above referees. This forums is awesome!