View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Others have commented on it but the quality of the basketball is not super high. As a result:

- You don't get top officials.

- The officials you do get are spending more time deciding what to call or not call to give the game flow and not take 3 hours. Rather than calling what is happening

- The tactics/habits/skills habits being employed on both sides are creating chaotic environment which again leads to more of these situations for less than top officials trying to manage and create game flow.

In related news nothing you ask of us, get as a response from us, or say to officials before, during, after a game they've officiated is going to change any of what you are seeing. Things that will change it. Level/quality of play in games (higher quality skills and games will not only have less of these situations to manage you will get better officials). If you wanted to officiate and get involved in a local board or association maybe from the inside you could see things differently or at least understand the rationale behind what you are seeing. If you still thought change needed to be affected you could climb the ranks and actually get change affected.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!