View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrph View Post
Look I get it. Officiating is hard. It's difficult to make split second decisions and to be right on each throughout a whole game.

My players practice all year long. We do travel ball. We prepare. It's frustrating when the officials of a given game let so many clear violations by opponents slide and then make calls against us.

It happens every game. I start off the games giving the benefit of the doubt and by the 2nd quarter, I'm often steaming.

What I've chosen to do this year is just compile a video of some of these and it's certainly been cathartic.

I'd like to share it with you in the hopes that you can see the frustration these calls cause the teams, coaches, parents, fans.

So you are that guy? The guy that lives through his kids and thinks his kid is the next WNBA star in the making. Dreams of college being paid for because you can't save the money yourself.

Based on the video, some of the missed calls are bad, some of them had little to no effect on the game. Why call all of them and stop the game and ruin flow when you don't have to? You whine a LOT!!!!!!!

The team in white isn't that good anyway, regardless of your traveling, yearlong practicing, and hours of preparation. Do you really want the refs to call every little thing in girls games? If you do, you will be there all night long. You are whining way too much and, if it hasn't happened yet, I'm betting you get tossed at some point.

I think instead of traveling a lot and practicing all year, you should take some time off and become an official. Then, put together a tape of your best and worst calls. We would love to see that.