View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 07:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrph View Post
Look I get it. Officiating is hard. It's difficult to make split second decisions and to be right on each throughout a whole game.

My players practice all year long. We do travel ball. We prepare. It's frustrating when the officials of a given game let so many clear violations by opponents slide and then make calls against us.

It happens every game. I start off the games giving the benefit of the doubt and by the 2nd quarter, I'm often steaming.
I get it....coaching/playing/supporting your team is hard. It's difficult to stay objective when you've invested so much physically/fiscally/emotional and to try and win every single game.

I'm constantly trying to better myself. I work games all year long. I go to camps. I break down film. I get together with like minded officials. It's just frustrating when you're constantly being yelled at and downgraded by players/coaches/fans. It's especially frustrating when maybe one call goes for their team but then something goes against them they are all up in arms.

It happens every game. I start off the game giving all participants the benefit of the doubt and by the halfway mark of the 1st quarter...I find myself having to especially ignore everyone in the stands.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.