View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 07:37am
Official Forum Member

Are there incorrect calls and incorrect no calls in this video? Sure....

But I'll say that the convenient timing of some of the slow mo used just shows how slow mo can distort and make a real time decision appear worse than it actually is. If one wants to make an apparent no call on a carry appear worse than it really it...one just goes to slow motion at the apparent time of the carry. Look at how long it came to "rest" here. Totally ignoring the fact that 30-40 feet away from the basket with absolutely no pressure...no one really wants that called except for the time when EVERYONE...even his own coach...is calling for the call. You'll have a defensive coach maybe bring that up but...that's more him trying to get an extra possession.

I can already hear it...but APG....advantage/disadvantage doesn't apply to violations! We already do this with certain violations in certain situations....for instance...3 seconds and 10 seconds on the FT shooter. As much as we make this a science (which as a whole is a good thing)...there's still some art of this.

I'll also echo the sentiment...that a lot of factors go into what type of ball an official will work...and this will itself...effect the caliber of officials one will get for a game. For a lot of officials the quality presented in this clip is not "worth" it...especially for the pay.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.