View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

I agree with many of the members. About 20 percent of these you may have a point. 2 things-

1) As has already been stated, you need to know the level of officials you are going to get in your games. Not much you can do about that except teach your players that the only thing they can control in the game, heck in life even, is their attitude and their effort. I coach and officiate (different sports) and this is the one thing I have to constantly remind high school students.

2) I heard this concept when I first started doing higher level ball and thus getting into video review. If you have to look at a video more than once or slow it down to see a violation or foul, consider the ruling on the court correct. Granted we can always break things down further and get better for the future but in a game most of us don't have the luxury of seeing something more than once or to ask the replay operator to slow down the video. If you see a mistake in real time the first time, then I would ask the calling (or non-calling) official what they saw and why they had that opinion on the play. You aren't going to change their mind.