View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2017, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
You're calling that FT violation? ok.

And there's no way I'm even addressing that "carry" in my games. The thing is, the quality officials at the high school level aren't making those calls in my area. So these "missed calls" have nothing to do with officiating quality.

Well, that's not true. That FT violation is a gotcha call around here, and in a travel game if I hear the coach make the comment I heard on the video, he's either getting shut down or tuned out very quickly.

As MD Longhorn put it, this isn't happening to him because hundreds of officials are getting it wrong. If it's happening to him every game, he might want to figure out if his own filters are set too high for this stuff.
You have to do what you have to do. The FT shooter is half way in the paint before ball at rim. Gotcha call? Not even close. Your toe touches line is a gotcha call. Again, obvious violation. It's not an advan v disad call. It's a blatant violation. As a crew, u look like idiots if this happens. Now, I know it does happen to good crews. It still isn't something I should pass on.

(APG is right about slo mo. id like to see it in fast speed before saying how obvious it is)--the Carries

And again, when there not called it doesn't mean someone is cheating. It's the quality of official or their philosophy as you see in this thread. Nobody really cares who wins that game. Again, until you pick up the whistle you just can't understand.

Last edited by BigCat; Wed Jan 25, 2017 at 09:26am. Reason: APG is right about the slo mo