View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 24, 2017, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

To the OP- you say you get it but every thread you start suggests otherwise. You do not seem to have a good grasp of basketball fundamentals and little understanding of officiating IMO.

You say you play year around and prepare yet I still see plenty of poor play. Just like many officials do this year around and prepare and still will make some poor calls. Because we are all human.

I would echo pretty much everything Big Cat said. You are not going to get the highest quality officials around for mediocre girls travel and even HS ball. That's just the way it is.

I actually watched this whole video as I'm very early for a game. 9 minutes of my life I will never get back. 2 things I saw worth minimal discussion.

Around the 4:20 mark is an obvious taunt that the officials should not have missed. And there are several examples of dribblers trying to split defenders that were properly no called per rule 10-7-7.

Other than that I mostly see/hear trivial complaints about marginal plays that are not conclusive even on slo-mo replay.

At this level of play as a parent or coach you have A Lot to work on in improving skill level and should really worry A Lot less about the officiating.