View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 23, 2017, 11:08am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Fair point. Around here, it would be dealt with quickly. That's what's expected here. Normally, I think the issue is a bit silly, especially when it's a player who's wearing an u/a shirt where all you see is a bit around the neckline. This play, however, is a blue player wearing white long sleeves while playing a white team.

I'd gladly shut that down, but if your area wants you to ignore it, have at it.
I did not say that people did not care about this here. We are asked to enforce those rules. But honestly, it is a pain in the behind. It is not something that is the thing most officials want to deal with either way. The only reason many do is because it will influence future playoff opportunities. Otherwise, I could give a darn. Why would I care about the color of a shirt? Does it influence the game? Can I still see the jersey? Heck if this was a problem during off-season games I could see this being a big concerned, but that is clearly not the case. This is strictly cosmetic which at the end of the day some of us just want to referee the game, not tell players what they cannot wear.

Peace