View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 19, 2003, 09:11am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Re: To each, ...his own.

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
- It helps you remain calm. A natural reaction for some people is to show emotion during a big call, such as a block/charge. (Is this a good time to bring up a blarge? ) If you can work into your game a consistent amount of delay, then soon it will be commonplace, you'll just do it naturally.

Having said all this, on a big call, like a block/charge, be prepared to prelim signal right away, to sell the call.
Mike,
Not sure what you are saying, but I like to check my partner before I make this call.
mick

Good call mick.

If it's clearly in my area and my area only, iow right in front of me, then my belief is that I gotta make that call. That's why I have done the local training, the camps, and watched numerous games in the levels above what I currently do. That's also why I participate in the philosophy discussions and the brown pops after meetings, etc. I'm confident in my ability to make the correct call and my partner will be too.

However, if it's in an area where we could both have an opinion, such as the gray area, then we would communicate to get the call right.