View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 17, 2017, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Perhaps we can attempt to read a plate full of tea leaves to divine the ruling.

I know what I'm doing for now. If the Fed wishes to fix the rules, I'll adjust.
It should be a lot clearer etc so i know where you are coming from. Here's something I'm thinking..and remembering why i say what I'm saying…in addition to the POE.

How long has the player/team control definition rule 4-12 been in its current form? I'm wondering and thinking it has been in its current form for quite a while. Team control when a player has disposal of ball for throw in has been there because that is the point when the other team is no longer allowed to call a timeout. The other portions of that rule deal with the ball once it is inbounds. I'm thinking that the actual wording in the definition of team control hasn't changed. 4-12.

What has changed, and I'm thinking the only thing that has changed, is the definition of "team control foul" in 4-19-7. They added the language to say it is a team control FOUL from start of throw in until ball secured. That is why i say they just created this artificial rule for fouls only. I don't think the definition of team control in 4-12 itself changed. They just wanted to reach a result of not shooting FTs. We know for 10 seconds, 3 seconds, 5 seconds etc there has to be team control inbounds.

If 4-12 has changed substantially ill have to rethink it. I DO AGREE IT SHOULD BE CLEARER. THE POE could be put in the rule.

Last edited by BigCat; Tue Jan 17, 2017 at 12:46pm.