View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 15, 2017, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I disagree with that and it is inconsistent too.

I believe team control, for the purposes of fouls, begins when the team has the ball for a throwin. Nothing the NFHS has said indicates that it ends when the ball is tipped but not secured. They defined team control to start when the player has the ball for a throwin and that it only applied to fouls. They didn't change how team control ended.
I think that is what I said. 4-19-7 says team control "foul" is any foul by offense from beginning of throw in until ball secured. That's an artificial definition to make sure offense doesn't shoot FTs even if ball tipped(throw in ends) and they foul before ball secured. Once the ball is tipped, there really is no longer team control. That's why they added that it is a team control foul until ball secured. It is inconsistent and done simply so FTs aren't shot.

For every other rule, BC, 3 seconds, inadvertent whistles, regular rules apply. No team control inbounds. ball goes arrow. We are on same side of this but may say it differently.

The first change to this said there was team control during a throwin. So no FTs for fouks "during" throw in. They realized when balls were tipped, throwin was over , offense fouls..they were still shooting FTs. So they added the phrase "until ball secured" to eliminate the FTs.

For every other reason in book, when ball is tipped, it's now inbounds and regular rules apply. There is no team control. I think we are 6 of 1 half dozen etc. The POEs do set it out very clearly....if we can find them

Last edited by BigCat; Sun Jan 15, 2017 at 01:26pm.