View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 08, 2017, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
He ended the dribble with the right foot on the floor (right foot the piviot) and stepped to his left, his right (travel), and then his left one more time.

So, it is more than a basic travel of lifting the pivot and returning it. He did that and still took one more.

Unless there had been travel calls on similar plays throughout the game, I probably would have passed on it and then wondered if I got it correct. With that much time, I am probably more focused on whether the player got the shot off in time or whether any contact is marginal or not. Then again, I've never worked a game with the benefit of having instant replay to determine whether the horn sounded first.

I think it comes down to when the dribble ends and I don't think the dribbler has two hands on the ball in the first picture. It looks like it in the picture near the half-court logo, but not when you watch the replay (around :28). He might not have two hands on the ball until both feet are in the air around the three point line (generous interpretation). Then, each foot touches the floor once, which would make this a correct no call.

Last edited by JeffM; Sun Jan 08, 2017 at 09:24pm. Reason: Clarify that saying the dribble didn't end until both feet were in the air is a generous interpetation