View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 06, 2017, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Your first play is the OP.

In both, the rules are clear -- let the sub in -- no matter how "unfair" it might seem to you.

If you don't want to let the sub in, then don't blow your whistle to kill the play. Tell the shooter / inbounder to "play on."
No, the OP was an inadvertent horn; official kills FT attempt; then coach sends sub to table and gets them in. My first play is coach sends sub to table late, horn blows while FT is in process, official kills.

In the first play the play was dead regardless of the sub. In the second, the table is trying to get a late sub in the game.

Ok, so the table controls when subs are late and can come in then? If we let the horn just blow randomly to let players in the game we are living in a lawless society and it will be anarchy. And if I just tell them to "play on" and somebody travels or double dribbles because they are confused by the random horn, then I have a mess on my hands. I will go for law and order over that.

This happens maybe twice per season, so its not a huge deal either way I guess, but if you get a table that is out of control with the horn we need to address.