View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 06, 2017, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The official might be able to look at the table to assess what is happening (look for a sheepish grin, the "my bad" motion, waving the official to the table, etc.) And the table should wait until the ball is dead to signal.

I'm not sure why two FTs are awarded on the 8th foul, but even if there is an issue -- the table should wait until the ball is dead (in these instances).
Why wait? If they score and the ball is at the disposal of the thrower in, then we have passed the dead ball opportunity to correct the error, since the live ball was dead on the goal and live again. Plus, 2 points would be on the board that don't come off, even if the officials recognized the error somehow before the ball was at the disposal of the thrower in. The visiting team was in disarray because they expected another free throw. It would be patently unfair to allow the home team to take advantage of a correctable error once recognized. I chose to save the crew. The crew had no problem with me doing this. It prevented a potential Technical foul as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk