View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 06, 2017, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Slick View Post
Now I know why it is "slower" Delaware.

And why? Being that those shirts were last made in 2000, how does a shirt hold up with wear and tear for 16 years? I have a GD knit that I bought in 2000 that has sun faded within 10, and a) a much better material than the Elbeco and b) I only wore it for less than 15 games a year between March and May.

As for a) above, don't sell me on how much better those shirts were made or how much better the older generation take care of their gear. Seriously, those shirts cannot look good by any means. As the internet now says: "pics or I don't believe it."
Being old has nothing to do with taking care of one's uniform. It is more pride than anything else. Toward the end of their use, the Elbeco was a pretty solid shirt, but not as easy to maintain and definitely not a good shirt for the lazy individual. The pullovers do not breath like the Elbeco, but they also don't fall out of the umpire's pants, don't show the sweat as much and definitely dries quicker.

BTW, the part of Delaware that is referred to as "slower" are the counties below the C&D Canal (or "ditch" as we call it).

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Fri Jan 06, 2017 at 11:50am.