View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2017, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If it was a wide open layup, who was he fouled? I see nothing in the play that suggest he did not assume there was someone defending him. Actually I have seen players move their own body in an unnatural way to help cause contact with a defender and near the basket.

I did not say that he was not fouled at all, just stated that it was unclear who fouled him or to what extent. And I do not see many players dump the ball because they are fouled. Usually they act like they were "hit" more or act like they had to be fouled. That is not what took place here.

And again, this is why it is a judgment call. You act like this makes since and I rarely see a player pass a ball that they did not appear to be trying to do. And right or wrong, there are coaches that teach their players how to act when fouled. I have heard it from coaches when they are fouled out loud. Again this is where experience and judgment intersect.

Peace
Whatever contact there was came from behind. I don't think he jumped backwards into the air to draw the contact. and if he was faking the contact he's more likely to have thrown the ball up at the rim. I don't think this kid was faking the contact. I think it made him lose balance etc and then dump. Could he still have thrown something up. Likely, but i don't feel the rule requires he do that. The end for me.