View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2017, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
NFHS:

Official bounces the ball to FT shooter A1, who is shooting his last awarded FT. While A1 has the ball, the clock operator buzzes the horn. All 10 players stop in confusion. C blows his whistle and has the FT shooter give the ball to the L. The clock operator indicates that it was an inadvertent horn. As L, holding ball, prepares to administer the FT, B2 rushes to the table to sub. C blows his whistle and beckons B2 into the game.

Legal or illegal substitution?
When a horn blows i will kill a play 9 times out of 10 because someone is going to get screwed up by it. If the ball becomes dead (i did not "ignore" the horn) subs should be let in. Having said that, I have killed a live ball and prevented a sub to come in from time to time. Not often, but some tables blow the horn the minute a coach yells "sub" with the kid nowhere near the reporting area.

I've killed the ball because of the horn but not allowed the sub in during that dead ball. That isn't your play. Technically, in high school, if i kill it i think i should let the sub in.