View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2017, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Cam, my swiss cheese memory pushes me to doubt your assertion. Maybe revelation lies in the casebook, which I am too lazy to peruse. Chapter 7 or thereabouts.

Got motivated and searched. In CB from 2010-2011 in 7.6.4 sit D. 2016-2017 ymmv.

Kudos to Bigcat for earlier post re 7.6.4C

7.6.4 SITUATION D: The sideline is very near the spectators leaving little space
out of bounds for A1 to make a throw-in. As a result, the administering official
has directed B1 to move back a step to give the thrower some room: (a) as soon
as the ball is handed or bounced to A1, B1 moves right back to the boundary line
in front of A1; or (b) A1 attempts to complete the throw-in just inside the bound-
ary line and B1 moves to his/her original position in order to defend. RULING: In
(a), it is a violation by B1 and will also result in a warning for Team B which is
reported to the scorer and to the head coach. Any subsequent delay-of-game sit-
uation or noncompliance with the verbal order will result in a technical foul
charged to Team B. In (b), B1 is expected to stay back one step unless the throw-
in is attempted between this area and the boundary line. No violation in this case
as B1 is allowed to defend the area if the throw-in is attempted there. (10-1-5c)
Not sure why the rules on the offensive team are suspended when the rule declaring the line indicates it is the boundary line until the ball crosses it and doesn't otherwise treat it any differently than a normal boundary line.

Is (b) referring to the original boundary line or the temporary line. It seems, in context, to be referring to the original lines.

Inconsistent at best.