View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2017, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to justacoach Send a message via AIM to justacoach Send a message via Yahoo to justacoach Send a message via Skype™ to justacoach
Except if

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie24 View Post
Does Rule 1-2-2 help you: "If, on an unofficial court, there is less than 3 feet of unobstructed space outside any sideline or end line, a narrow broken line shall be marked on the court parallel with and 3 feet inside that boundary. This restraining line becomes the boundary line during a throw-in on that side or end, as in 7-6. It continues to be the boundary until the ball crosses the line."
Also 7-6-4: ART. 4

The opponent(s) of the thrower shall not have any part of his/her person through the inbounds side of the throw-in boundary plane until the ball has been released on a throw-in pass. See 9-2-10 Penalty.

NOTE: The thrower shall have a minimum of 3 feet horizontally as in 1-2-2. If the court is not marked accordingly, an imaginary restraining line shall be imposed by the *administering *official.
I seem to recall an exception to this 'imaginary restraining line', If players(s) of the inbounding team penetrate this 3 foot area that the defense is released from its limitation and can move to guard the player, with no penalty.
I am further torturing myself to recall if this leniency applied to 'spot' throwins or only to 'run the endline' situations.

Or it could be just a figment of my overhyped imagination.

Help me out Billy Mac, MTD Sr., Nevada!!!